2010 Model No Longer Available
Wright & McGill Co. Metolius Tackle System - 2010 BCS
Instead of fumbling around with your fly floatant, flies, or dry fly shake, keep it all organized and easy-to-get-to with the Wright & McGill Co. Metolius Tackle System. Made with durable fabric, this sweet pack can be worn either as a chest or fanny pack, thanks to its back support system and waist belt.
- Dimensions: 10.5 x 9.5 x 7in (cm)
- Leader management system holds up to three standard size tippet spools
- Two fold-down work surfaces securely hold multiple fly boxes, thanks to their hook-and-loop strips
- Built-in double tool retractor ensures you don't drop your snips and lose them in the river
- Included rain fly, stored in the bottom pocket, helps keep your gear protected from the elements
- A plethora of easy-to-get-to organizational pockets hold your water bottles, fly floatants, flies, snips, pocket knife, snacks, and other essentials
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
August 13, 2011
I have just ordered my second Metolius chest pack . I have used one for the last 3 years, and it is just beginning to look like a zip attachment is going to fail in the next few months . Flyfishing about 80 to 100 times a year . In this country ( NZ ) the fish are spread a lot thinner than most US waters ( I have spent serious time on a few ) , so we need to carry day packs at least . The chest pack is ideal for this as it does not interfer with the back pack straps . I have owned 5 other chest packs ; 3 american brands , one a lucky find in a bag shop and one a converted waist bag . The Metolius is by far the best . In quality ; equal to any of the others , in size ; in a class of its own .Functionality is the best of the 5 .price , even at full retail is good value . The one thing that sets it appart and makes it ideal for me is size . I also like the no frills appearance. Best picture I can get on a borrowed computer