Westcomb Revenant Bib - Men's
Born to brave the snowy wild, skin tall peaks, and climb frozen waterfalls, the Westcomb Revenant Bib will take you far and high. This top-shelf bib features a waterproof, breathable, tough-as-nails eVent in the legs and a stretchy softshell bib that offers comfortable mobility. You'll wonder why you ever suffered without it.
- Ultra-durable 560 NST eVent shell with DWR coating in the bib's legs is waterproof, windproof, and breathable, for winterlong protection
- Water-repellent, wind-resistant, breathable Schoeller Dynamic softshell fabric in the upper section stretches every which way you do for a glorious combo of comfort and protection
- SuperFabric HDM scuff-guard reinforcements resist punctures, cuts, and abrasions, yet is also flexible for optimal mobility
- Full lightweight microseam taping seals out the elements to ensure total protection
- 20 SPI (stitches per inch), double-needle construction means lighter, stronger seams and longer life for your pant
- Lightweight, watertight PU YKK zippers operate smoothly in any weather
- Laminated zippers, waist, and hem assure waterproofness and durability, along with reducing weight and giving the pant a clean look
- Crotch gusset panel allows optimal mobility; articulated knee allows for natural and unrestricted movement; belt loops offer waist adjustment
- Full-length side-seam zippers allow easy on-off and ventilation, so you can dump heat during high-output activities
- Softshell bib adds toasty comfort, and its suspenders let you adjust depending on layers for a perfect fit; can be removed for warmer days
- Adjustable waist system features a one-hand, one-motion cinch cord for instant comfort
- Internal gaiter with gripper elastic keep snow and cold from freezing your foot
- 2 large bib and 2 hip pockets secure essentials
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
March 10, 2013
I ended up returning these, but they are actually really good bibs. When I got them, I noticed that the material had a really bomb proof feel. The ankle patches especially seem like you would need a saw to cut them. The zipper off bib is an awesome idea and the fact that that the front zip unzips right down to the crotch makes it really convenient for going to the bathroom. I didn't get a chance to try them out, but the event fabric should be really breathable too. The reason I returned them are two fold: first, they have an athletic fit, which means they are slim through the thigh and seat. Normally that is exactly the fit I would want in a pair of serious bibs, but I am learning to snowboard I decided to buy an azzpadz tailbone protector. Needless to say, the seat is quite snug with that thing on. Second, I was looking for an all around pair of pants that I could wear in spring through fall backpacking as rain pants and in the snow for winter. I thought these might fit the bill given the Event and zip-off bib, but they are a little too bombproof and difficult to scrunch into a small space in your pack. Also, when the zip-off bib is removed, half of the zipper sits on the inside of the waist(i.e. one side of teeth). Although I never had a chance to try it, I was concerned that this could chafe when wearing a pack. Might not really be an issue though since the zipper is a fairly thin one. Regardless, I felt it better to try something else instead of finding out that the zipper chafed while on a backpacking trip. If I could buy two pairs of pants, one for winter pursuits and another for the rest of the season, I would have kept these, but I can't afford two high quality pairs of pants. Ended up getting the Arcteryx Beta AR instead as one pair of pants to for all occasions. They don't seem quite as burly as Revenant bib, but they pack down more compact and as others have noted, they are baggy in the seat, which is perfect for the Azzpadz.
- [membrane/laminate] eVent; [face fabric] nylon; [bib] Schoeller Dynamic
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- guaranteed waterproof
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- guaranteed breathable
- side zips
- Side Zips:
- fully taped
- 2 front, 1 hip
- 21 oz
- Recommended Use:
- skiing, touring, mixed climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- limited lifetime