2012 Model No Longer Available
Volkl Katana Ski - 2012 BCS
If you're lucky enough to stand atop the world's deepest powder and steepest terrain, you'd better hope you have the Volkl Katana Ski underfoot to ensure a solid, speedy ride through the maze of trees, rocks, and snow. Fat dimensions and a fully rockered profile ensure floatation once the week-long storm buries everything in sight. While nimble enough for storm-day tree stashes, this titanium-reinforced plank really wants to straight-line big-mountain lines and slash huge powder turns.
- Fully rockered profile and 112mm underfoot provide great flotation in the deepest snow
- Sensorwood core, made with vertically laminated poplar and beech wood, provides a stable but forgiving and responsive flex for the whole gamut of snow conditions
- Titanium alloy laminate solidify the ski and let you bust through crud and crusty powder while also providing amazing stability at high speeds
- Power Construction, a form of torsion box construction, yields powerful stability through race-worthy vertical sidewalls and laminates over the core
- Just enough sidecut turns easily, especially as you lean into turns, and the rockered shape engages your edges with the snow
- Large sidecut means that this ski wants to go fast and make big, powerful turns
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
- 177 cm, 184 cm, 191 cm, 198 cm
- 143 / 112 / 132 mm
- Turn Radius:
- [177cm] 24.2 m; [184cm] 25.8 m; [191cm] 28.2 m; [198cm] 30.7 m
- Full Rocker
- Power Construction (torsion box with vertical sidewall)
- Sensorwood (poplar and beech), titanium alloy laminate
- Binding Included:
- Recommended Use:
- all-mountain, powder
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 year