2011 Model No Longer Available
Vassago ChupaCabra Frame - 2011 BCS
Stepping up the 29er hardtail game, Vassago levels rowdy trails with their new ultra-responsive, super-versatile, and long-legged ChupaCabra aluminum hardtail Frame. Thanks to its confidence-inspiring 100-120mm fork-compatible geometry, trail-dominating rider position, and plentiful stand-over clearance, the ChupaCabra looks to eliminate lame XC tippy-toe riding from your trail portfolio.
- SwitchPlate dropout system features two(included) options: vertical standard geared plates and horizontal single-speed. A third set, which adjust the geometry for longer travel, are available from Vassago
- Singlespeed SwtchPlate uses internal, forward facing axle tensioners for consistent chain tension
- SwitchPlate system uses no moving parts for a secure, maintenance-free, and versatile frame design
- Frame has clearance for a fat, trail-smoothing 2.55-inch rear tire
- Vassago plants a tree for every frame sold
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
These frame comes with SS and geared Switchplates, yes? Now, do the SS Switchplates come with the Jabbernutz so I can adjust the chain tension? TIA
August 29, 2012
Thanks for the question. For the size 18 on this frame, the weight is going to be 4.9 lbs (around 2222 grams). I hope this helps.
By: Wally Phillips
April 11, 2012
- Front Triangle:
- 7005 aluminum
- Recommended Fork Travel:
- 100 - 120 mm
- Rear Spacing:
- 135 mm
- Seatpost Diameter:
- (clamp included) 30.9 mm
- Front Derailleur Mount:
- Low Mount/Top Swing
- Bottom Bracket Width:
- 73 mm
- Replaceable Rear Derailleur Hanger:
- yes, SwitchPlate
- Recommended Use:
- mountain biking