2010 Model No Longer Available
The North Face Surge Backpack - 2015cu in - 2010 BCS
Give your precious computer a cushy, safe ride in The North Face Surge Backpack. The pack’s padded laptop sleeve holds up to a 17-inch computer and protects it from the daily commute to work or school. There’s still plenty of space for books, binders, and other essentials in the ginormous main compartment, and an impressive array of external pockets ensure that there’s a place for everything in the Surge.
- Backsaver technology features an angled bottom panel to carry your load closer to your body for reduced back strain
- Secondary organizer compartment and dual front vertical pockets keep your electronics and other essentials in their places
- Bottom stash pocket gives you somewhere to stow the all-important laptop power cord
- Breathable, padded airmesh back panel increases carrying comfort
- Side stretch pockets carry your water bottles or other beverages, and a mesh pocket on the strap keeps your cell phone in easy reach
- Stowable waist-belt keeps pack from bouncing around when you’re running to the light rail
- Sternum strap includes safety whistle, just in case
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
How is the Surge for heavy loads? I carry about 40 pounds of books and my laptop to school everyday and was wondering how is it for walking with that kind of weight?
By: Andrew Murray
February 7, 2013