The North Face Special Effects Jacket - Women's
Take a pass on the same-old, same-old this winter and dazzle the slopes and the city wearing The North Face Women's Special Effects Jacket. This super-stylish number features an asymmetrical high-contrast front zipper that's balanced by another half-zipper that adds both comfort and a unique look.
- HyVent two-layer shell repels snow and water while breathing for comfort
- 60g Heatseeker Eco insulation adds warmth on chilly lift rides and windy city streets
- Powder skirt blocks snow and snaps back for trips downtown; can be connected to compatible pants to create a total barrier against snow
- Multiple pockets hold your cell, goggles, tunes, and vices
- Buddy lift clip holds your pass or ticket
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
March 5, 2012
I'm considered wild and wacky by my hiking buddies. Sooooooooo when I saw this jacket I just knew it was the next step in continuing that belief. The colors are perfect for me and I look fantastically crazy in it. And you are right it makes a person easy to find. Plus I like being noticed. lol
Just bought the special effects jacket in Rambutan pink. are
Just bought the special effects jacket in Rambutan pink. are there ski pants to match?
December 18, 2011
NF's 2012 Womens Riderarchy Pant come in the same pink-if you want that-and also black.
Low rise waist with a high BACK that's really comfortable, great pockets that don't get in the way/stick out, recco, durable, use them for both skiing and snowboarding all season. I'm 5'3/130 and own them in both size S and M. Smalls fit perfectly, and size M is baggier look and I can adjust the waist with the tabs.
I own 5 pairs. They Fing ROCK.
February 1, 2012
March 4, 2012
This jacket is fun to own. Great fit and super warm. My friends love it because they can always find me on the slope.
insulated shell that gets noticed!
January 30, 2012
This is the perfect weight of jacket for most winter & spring days in Tahoe or most anywhere on the West Coast--just add an extra layer if it's really cold out or you're further East. It is insulated but not bulky, really comfortable fabric, and boy is is a conversation starter. I have the green and yellow version and the pink/purple is a bit more understated and I love both colors. I wear a solid, dark pant with it and never felt it was "too much." Plus it's just such a functional jacket.
- [membrane/laminate] HyVent 2L; [shell] softfaille (nylon); [lining] taffeta
- Heatseeker Eco (60g)
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- 25 PSI
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- 625 g/mē
- yes, fixed
- core zip vents
- Powder Skirt:
- (external) 2 zippered handwarmer, (internal) 1 media, 1 goggle
- fully taped
- Wrist Gaiters:
- Recommended Use:
- skiing, winter activities
- Manufacturer Warranty: