The North Face Single-Track Hayasa Trail Running Shoe - Men's
The North Face developed the Men's Single-Track Hayasa Trail Running Shoes in collaboration with the ultra-runner Tsuyoshi Kaburaki and named them after the Japanese word for 'speed.' The Hayasa shoes are for runners who prefer to stick with their traditional (heel first) gait but want to experience the minimalist feel and ultra-light weight that their barefoot-oriented brethren enjoy.
- Lightweight, minimal upper construction is almost entirely welded to reduce bulk, weight, and chafing
- TPU welded overlays give you a close, supportive fit
- Perforated Northotic footbed offers support and underfoot comfort
- Using soft EVA in the center and firmer TPU in the perimeter, Cradle technology under the heel offers lightweight impact protection and motion control during heel strike
- Dual-density, compression-molded EVA in midsole cushions your stride
- Snake Plate in forefoot offers protection from bruising from rough trails without sacrificing flexibility or adding weight
- Toe cap and gusseted tongue offer protection from trail debris
- Tenacious Grip sole features lightweight blown rubber in the center of the forefoot and durable carbon rubber in the perimeter and heel to reduce weight and maximize traction
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
Problems with sole wear
June 7, 2012
I read a number of people were having issues with rapid wear on these shoes. I then spoke to some guys from North Face at a race recently and they said there was an issue. They did say the Single Track II did not have any issues. I have been stoked with the Single Tracks and decided to go with the new version instead of trying the Hayasa. Maybe once the wear issue is fixed I might give them a try.
April 5, 2012
Fantastic shoe - minimalist design and great for trail and tarmac.
Out of the box wonderful!
May 23, 2012
I just got these and took them out of the box, put them on my feet, and ran. They fit like a glove and breathed wonderfully. Very light, yet they have support. I already love them. Plus they look great!
May 9, 2012
I'm not even much of a runner but I rock this shoe because its so light and comfy. They nailed it with this one!