The North Face Freedom Insulated Pant - Girls'
It's a big mountain, but you gladly let your queen of adventure loose and trust that her Girls' Freedom Insulated Pant from The North Face will keep her warm and dry for hours of exploration. After a dozen or so falls onto the slushy snow, the waterproof breathable HyVent 2L still prevents damp chills. And if the morning temps really dive, the 60g Heatseeker insulation holds in her body's heat on frozen summits.
- The tough nylon HyVent 2L shell features fully taped seams for moisture protection, which ultimately leads to long-lasting dryness
- 60g synthetic Heatseeker insulation keeps her cozy but not over-warm during long runs back to the base area
- Belt loops, half-elastic waistband, and extendable grow cuffs ensure this ski pant will fit her through her growth spurts
- Reinforced kick patches stand up to ski-boot wear and tear
- Leg gaiters with gripper elastic block the snow
- A hook-and-loop thigh cargo pocket holds her snack so she doesn't have to go inside
- Articulated knees are ready for her just-perfected ski stance
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
Same as the other reviews....
March 26, 2012
Very short fit. Bought these pants based on the waist size as they are not adjustable. Our daughter is the shortest in her year and took the risk that the height of the pants would be ok, but sure enough - same as the other reviews, they were too short out of the box - Waaay too short. The extension cuff makes them almost the correct length, but then there is no room for growth. I can only imagine that the cut is based on layering underneath and hence making the enlarged waste proportions fit correctly. Very nicely made though.
You can buy this tool and almost any store. And it makes the job of letting the growth tuck out much easier.
November 15, 2011
My daughter is 13 and very petite and I bought the North Face pant in size large and they were huge on her. I also bought the Spider-brand size large and they were much more becoming on her and I will keep those. The Spider brand had a slimmer adjustable waist and it was slimmer through the hips/thighs. The North Face pants were bulky in the hips and the waist was not adjustable. Good quality pants but just not a good fit for a slim girl.
March 5, 2012
Not a good fit for slim young girls. Smaller sizes are too short and the larger sizes are way to big in the waist and legs.
You can find the Growth-Tuck on the inside of the pant leg about 5 inches up.
Very cute pants
November 25, 2011
Our daughter is tall and slim. I purchased size Medium for her but had to return them because they were too big even with a belt she would not have been able to wear this pant. So I returned them for a size small. The small fit perfect except the legs were to short. Thankfully this pant have a growth-tuck that extends the pants two inches. Now they are perfect for her long slender body.
Research out-of-stock versions:
- [shell] nylon; [membrane/laminate] HyVent 2L; [lining] nylon taffeta
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- 25 PSI
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- 650 g/mē
- , Heatseeker (60g)
- yes, with gripper elastic
- fully taped
- belt loops, half-elastic with snap front closure
- 2 front zip hand, 1 thigh hook-and-loop flap
- Recommended Use:
- skiing, snowboarding, snow days
- Manufacturer Warranty: