2012 Model No Longer Available
Research other out-of-stock versions:
The North Face Cipher Hybrid Softshell Jacket - Women's - 2012 BCS
The North Face Women’s Cipher Hybrid Jacket is your key to solving the puzzle of balancing mobility and comfort with weatherproof protection. On the front, back, and tops of the shoulders and arms, you enjoy burly windproof, water-resistant shelter from the GORE WindStopper softshell fabric; on the sides, underarms, and hood, lighter-weight Apex Aerobic softshell fabric delivers enhanced mobility and breathability.
- WindStopper fabric offesr 0 CFM wind permeability, while the Apex Aerobic 10 CFM fabric allows a touch of ventilation
- Elastic-bound hood adjusts easily with back cinch
- Molded cuff tabs and elastic hem drawcord seal up the openings
- Brushed collar lining offers next-to-skin comfort when you're all zipped up
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
September 23, 2012
This is not like the Apex Bionic softshell jackets. It's not quite as thick. But the lightweight material makes this jacket less rigid and better for windy days. It really does protect well against wind, and although it's not waterproof it does keep of water in a light rain or drizzle. There are patches under the arm pit that are not made of the soft shell material, and instead are made of a very breathable (let's wind in) material. I suppose this is the 'hybrid' part of the jacket. The hood is really nice. It cinches down well around your head so that there is not a huge gap between the top of your head and the hood and the hood doesn't fly off on a windy day. Overall the jacket looks very cool. Im 5'2/110 and I have a Small. It' got room to wear with a sweatshirt but not too big that I can't just throw it on over a t-shirt. Very comfy, packable, lightweight, jacket.
- [front, back, shoulders] WindStopper (polyester, 3-layer); [side, underarm, back] TNF Apex Aerobic (100% polyester)
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- alpine (trim)
- Center Back Length:
- 25.5 in
- 2 front
- 12.1 oz
- Recommended Use:
- climbing, hiking, backpacking
- Manufacturer Warranty: