2010 Model No Longer Available
Swobo Sanchez Frameset - 2010 BCS
Steel is THE material for urban and commuter bikes because, while it's a bit more expensive than aluminum to manufacture, the ride is legendary. Swobo built the Sanchez Frame with steel to give it that stiff-but-damp feel for punchy acceleration without beating you up over every tiny groove in the road.
- Rear-entry dropouts with an integrated hub adjuster/chain-tensioning screw
- Standard 1.125-inch headset for a huge variety of headset possibilities
- Unicrown fork is extremely tough without boat-anchor weight
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
Is it still galvanized, or have they gone to painting it ("galvanized finish" they like to call it now)?
By: Mr. Rhode
September 15, 2011
To galvanize some thing you are simply coating it with zinc. All of Swobo's steel frames are galvanized in order to protect the steel from rust and corrosion. The the frames are painted after being galvanized.
November 11, 2011
What kind of steel tubing is used on your Sanchez frame and fork? Is the frame lugged? Thanks.
By: Thomas James
July 5, 2011
The Swobo web site says that it is butted cromoly. They don't specify why grade of cromo it is but at the very least you know it's stronger and lighter than hi-ten (used in cheaper/lower quality bike frames)
November 11, 2011
not your answer, but your question shows you mean to ask if its double/triple butted, not lugged. You can tell from the pictures of the joints that its not lugged.
Sheldon Brown will teach you all:
July 11, 2011
- Front Triangle:
- Seat Stay:
- Chain Stay:
- Seat Tube:
- Fork Material:
- Steer Tube Type:
- Fork Blade Shape:
- Dropout Type:
- rear-entry horizontal
- Rear Spacing:
- 120 mm
- Replaceable Rear Derailleur Hanger:
- Head Tube Diameter:
- 1.125 in
- Bottom Bracket Shell Width:
- 68 mm
- Bottom Bracket Shell Material:
- Seatpost Diameter:
- 27.2 mm
- Seat Collar:
- Measured Effective Top-Tube Length:
- (46cm) 506 mm, (50cm) 525 mm, (53cm) 535 mm, (55cm) 555 mm, (57cm) 575 mm, (60cm) 590 mm, (62cm) 600 mm
- Recommended Use:
- Manufacturer Warranty: