2012 Model No Longer Available
Surftech T. Patterson Speed Fish Surfboard - 2012 BCS
Don't you just love mushy days on the Surftech T. Patterson Speed Fish Surfboard? First off, nobody is out and you have the surf all to yourself with an occasional playful dolphin or seal. And second, the Speed's double wing swallow tail makes the board a fast and loose little performer which works super-well in summertime surf or mushy days.
- Short, wide template gives you the ability to catch waves and performs well in mushy surf
- Double wing swallow tail allows for extra width under the front fins for looseness, while allowing for the tail to be pulled in for extra control and carving
- Board's design makes it feel three to four inches shorter than a typical shortboard
- Tuflite features sandwich construction that consists of a waterproof EPS core, natural composite core, epoxy fiberglass, external fiberglass lamination, and a hand-finished hot coat
- Tuflite offers exceptional flex properties, enables the board to retain its structural integrity, and provides extra buoyancy for catching waves
- Natural composite core incorporates material made from a renewable cellulose fiber which helps ensure a more sustainable and recyclable product
- Tri-fin setup performs well under most ocean conditions and lends a stable feel to this maneuverable board
- When the outer fins are placed flat on the inside and the center fin is foiled, it increases drive; when the outer fins are placed toed-in, it speeds up the board and allows you to turn more easily
- Future System fins are tapered to fit into elongated fin boxes (which are glassed into the board's bottom) and then secured to the entire base with an angled screw which offers a strong hold from back to front and little wiggle room from side to side
- Future fins are designed to only work with Future fin boxes and require a fin key for use (fin key not included)
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.