Stoic Somnus SZ 15 Sleeping Bag: 15 Degree Down
After two seasons in the hands of customers and outdoor enthusiasts, the popular Stoic Somnus down sleeping bag returns with a new, redesigned zipper opening. The Somnus SZ 15 Sleeping Bag features a side-zip opening that now runs the entire length of the bag, from the hood opening down to just above the toe box. Now that it's even easier for campers to climb in and out of this bag (the previous seasons' front opening was designed for climbers), you'll have more time to notice the finer touches like the Pertex shell that keeps pack weight low and the 850-fill goose down that provides ultimate warmth in cold weather.
- Redesigned main zipper is now located on the side of the bag to give this a more traditional opening that's easier for campers to climb in and out of
- Longer main zipper runs to within 16 inches of the base of the foot box, almost the full length of the bag
- 850-fill down insulation provides supreme warmth without weighing down your bag and is highly compressible to make packing a cinch
- Pertex shell material creates a durable outer shell without a nasty weight penalty
- Vertical baffles ensure that the down insulation stays put even if you sleep on your side
- Draft tubes prevent chilly air from entering around the neck so your heat stays inside your bag
- Zippered pocket at the footbox holds a hot water bottle to keep your toes toasty on frigid nights
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
I'd go with long or you will be maxing this thing out and may end up feeling some cold spots.
By: Arthur Debowski
March 14, 2013
Looking at the Somnus 15 Sleeping Bag: 15 Degree Down, the picture does not match the picture at stoic.com.
Is this the same bag? Year/model bag/etc?
Very interested because it is only a oz more then say the Plasma 15.
Thanks for you time.
By: Sean Carlson
March 3, 2013
- Pertex Quantum
- 850-fill down
- DWR treatment
- Draft Collar:
- Max User Height:
- [regular] 6 ft; [long] 6 ft 6 in
- Shoulder Circumference:
- 66 in
- Hip Circumference:
- 58 in
- Foot Circumference:
- 40 in
- Stuff Size:
- 12 x 8.5 in
- Stuff Sack:
- Storage Sack:
- Fill Weight:
- [regular] 21 oz
- 15 F
- Claimed Weight:
- [regular] 2 lb
- Recommended Use:
- backpacking, cold-weather camping
- Manufacturer Warranty: