2011 Model No Longer Available
Stoic Luft Down Sweater - Men's - 2011 BCS
As if sent from on-high to guard you during your winter quests, the Stoic Luft Down Sweater offers highly compressible, lightweight, and nigh-impenetrable protection from winter's most frigid onslaught. Contained within the highly-breathable Pertex Microlight 30D shell, 750-fill goose down powers this on-the-go oven which warms your core and arms from the freeze. Light on weight and easy to pack in a tiny corner of your trekking pack, this close-fitting, cold-crusher turns chilly days in the wild into just another day in paradise.
- 750-fill goose down maintains its loft better than synthetic insulation and provides superior warmth and packability
- Pertex Microlight 30D fabric makes this jacket highly-packable for easy storage in your pack, and the fabric breathes easily so you aren't stifled underneath
- 3-D Ergonomic construction offers a fit that's athletic but won't reduce your range of motion
- Go with your standard size if you're using the Luft Down as a layering piece, but if you're looking to layer underneath, you may want to consider sizing up
- Backcountry.com is the exclusive US distributor for Stoic products
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
February 13, 2012
I use this jacket for mostly all-around town winter use and it's been pretty much perfect. I have never tried it under a shell for snowboarding because I tend to run hot and this would likely overheat me, but if you happen to run cold and like a lot of insulation it seems like it would work well as it packs down easily under another layer. I highly recommend this, especially if you can get it on S&C.
December 19, 2011
ok, got this on SAC last year. it was labelled a "down sweater". not sure what that was but it looked like a jacket to me.
this is so far superior to my old down coat!!!!!
water rolls off of it. no more damp down.
it doesn't appear to be sewn through! very high loft! inches thick all around.
soooo warm. fits well. well made. no issues after a year.
it was kind of funny looking though- two tone; white and blue, with red on the inside. but hey i'm not complaining. i'm also not 100 % sure it's the same coat as listed here.
- [shell] Pertex Microlight 30D
- [body and sleeves] 750-fill European goose down
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- highly breathable
- 3-D Ergonomic
- Center Back Length:
- (large) 29.5 in
- Powder Skirt:
- 2 front hand, 1 chest zip
- Wrist Gaiters:
- 1 lb 2 oz
- Recommended Use:
- skiing, mountaineering, cold-weather trekking, around town
- Manufacturer Warranty: