Stoic Bombshell Insulated Jacket - Men's
As other storm jackets crumble amidst the onslaught of a bitterly cold and wet storm day, Stoic's cream-of-the-crop Bombshell Insulated Jacket stifles a yawn and charges forth. Between the three-layer, 20K-rated waterproof fabric and the cold-crushing Cirrus synthetic insulation, you'll be hard pressed to challenge the prowess of the Bombshell. Mechanical stretch fabric construction, fully welded seams, and an array of luxurious features like Recco and mesh-lined core vents ensure that your last summit lap will go just as smoothly as your first. 30-inch resort days? No problem. Sidecountry cliff missions? A blip on the radar. Mountains of abuse? Ultimately, the Bombshell couldn't care less.
- 3-D ergonomic fit offers uninhibited mobility without drowning you in excess fabric—if you tend to like a roomier fit, feel free to size up
- 100-Gram lightweight, synthetic Cirrus insulation fights off the pre-dawn chills without unnecessary weight or bulk
- Mechanical-stretch Bombshell fabric shuns external moisture, foul weather, and wind thanks to its 20K-rated waterproofing and 15K-rated breathability
- Welded seams offer superior durability, breathability, and weatherproofing over traditional sewn seams
- Built-in reflector increases your odds of being recovered from a slide by rescue teams equipped with Recco-compatible search-and-rescue equipment
- Thumb-holed wrist gaiters and a fully adjustable hood seal you off from the elements, while mesh-backed underarm zips vent heat on the skin track
- Backcountry.com is the exclusive US distributor for Stoic products
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
October 15, 2012
Not much to say. It's brilliant. Light, warm, completely waterproof, breathes well, and has some great features. As with nearly all stoic products, all the seams are welded. This makes for a very nice look and is great for keeping wind and water out. The hand gators are great. I didn't realize that it had them until I received the jacket. It's got a bit of stretch to it, and the material isn't stiff whatsoever so you get a great range of movement. I recently moved to North Dakota and will be facing my first winter here so I'm looking forward to putting this coat to the test. Highly recommended.
September 24, 2012
I ended up returning this jacket and going withe non-insulated version instead. The insulation was more than i was expecting. It was very similar feeling to my Patagonia Nano Puff, which i only wear when its really cold. I guess i just run a little hot and prefer the option of having 2 separate layers. Also for some reason the shell on the regular bombshell jacket feels far more durable to the shell on this jacket. Interesting because they are supposed to be the same material. Not sure why this is the case.
November 30, 2011
I ordered this jacket and received it today and could not be more disappointed. I have the Stoic Bombshell Insulated Jacket from a previous year, and i love it, best jacket Ive ever owned. I have a medium and it fits like a glove, at my waist and perfect athletic (tight) fit. I ordered the Deep color this year, in medium, and Im swimming in the damn thing. Its goes below the bottom of the zipper on my jeans, the sleeves go past my fingertips, and i could easily wear my 800fill down Marmot under it! Easily! Not to mention on the site it appears that its a dark blue, when in fact it is closer to a teal, in fact its no where near the blue that i see on the site. Extremely Frustrating. I am returning immediately, this makes me not want to ever order another stoic product. Who changes their sizes so dramatically from year to year on the exact same model!?! I cannot express how disappointed I am. If you are looking for a snowboarder type fit, ie baggy, itd be good, but if you want a piece of athletic outdoor gear, this is not for you. FYI Im about 5'10 150lbs.
i suppose i should add that, as always, this piece of stoic clothing was very well made. I love the insulation as well as the shell.
Research out-of-stock versions:
- [shell] Bombshell (3-layer, mechanical stretch)
- [body] Cirrus (100g)
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- 15,000 g/m˛
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- 20,000 mm
- yes, adjustable
- 3-D Ergonomic
- Center Back Length:
- (large) 31.5 in
- mesh underarm panels
- Powder Skirt:
- yes, removable
- (external) 2 hand, 1 chest, (internal) 1 chest
- fully taped
- Wrist Gaiters:
- (large) 2 lb
- Recommended Use:
- alpine skiing, ski touring
- Manufacturer Warranty: