Stoic Bombshell FZ Pant - Men's
Thrive in the deepest, darkest days of winter when you're wearing the Stoic Men's Bombshell FZ Pant. This is an uncompromising storm-shell pant for skiers and snowboarders who need the protection of waterproof breathable three-layer fabric, supreme mobility, and the easy access of full-length side zips. The only thing that could make this pant better would be fully welded seams and some thigh vents ... oh wait, the Bombshell FZ has those too.
- 3-Layer Bombshell fabric offers 20K-rated weatherproof protection and supreme breathability so you're comfortable, not stifled, underneath this pant
- Mechanical stretch fabric construction keeps this pant flexible so your mobility isn't hindered when you're fully-layered and battened down
- Fully welded seams increase the Bombshell’s durability over standard taped-seam pants
- 3-D ergonomic fit offers uninhibited mobility without drowning you in excess fabric—if you tend to like a roomier fit, size up
- Thigh vents banish excess body heat during long boot packs
- Full-length side zippers allow you full access and the ability to remove these pants without taking off your boots (more useful than you think)
- Powder gaiters slip over the top of your boots to keep snow out on deep days
- Backcountry.com is the exclusive US distributor for Stoic products
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
Great for backcountry
March 14, 2013
I'm a size 34 in pants and got the large and they fit great, I'm 5'11" and they fit a little trimmer than regular snow pants. Great for skinning and a backcountry use. Super light weight.
Finally a fit
February 16, 2013
I tried on the $300 3-ply offerings from TNF, Patagonia, ArcT--all well constructed--and all too baggy and long to be of use for skiing/skinning. I'm 5'9" 175 lbs 34" waist. The Stoic Bombshell pant in Medium just arrived and it is a relatively trim-fitting, free-moving quality peice at half the price. Only wish is that it had suspended loops.
Very, VERY NICE!
February 12, 2013
Well, I got the large, and they are maybe just a tad to generous in the waist. (I'm about a 34-36). But I can deal. Not warm on wicked cold days so layer up your legs. But never had a wet bum after sitting in the snow. I know that they breath VERY well, after working up a lot of heat and sweat, the outer fabric is perfectly dry, but holding my hand on the pants I can feel my hand getting moist. They move with me, never felt a bind or had to pull up a leg to cross a tree. These feel rugged! All I need is a belt!
November 26, 2012
At the time I purchased these the Tech Specs stated that they had front hand pockets as well as inner thigh mesh vents. These pants do not have front hand pockets or inner thigh vents.
Fit is very tight in the thighs. I am 5'10", 165 and the medium fit me well in the waist, but very tight in upper legs. They are also quite wide in the lower leg, giving off a pretty aggressive bell-bottom look.
Crotch is kind of low and tight, so the pants need to be pulled up very high otherwise freedom of movement gets a bit restricted.
The "cargo" pockets are tiny. Maybe big enough for chapstick or a credit card.
The gaiters have some really bulky velcro and are too wide to grip the top of my ski boot effectively.
I really wanted to like these pants, the construction (other than the fit)seems good and I like the color, but they need to be returned.
- Bombshell (3-layer, mechanical stretch)
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- 20,000 mm
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- 15,000 g/m˛
- 3-D Ergonomic
- thigh zips
- Side Zips:
- yes, full-length
- belt loops with button closure
- 2 thigh cargo
- Recommended Use:
- ski touring, alpine skiing, technical snowsports
- Manufacturer Warranty: