Special Blend Beacon Insulated Jacket - Men's
Forget the thrift store coaches jackets all the park rats are wearing and go for a classic and functional piece like the Special Blend Beacon Men's Insulated Jacket. 60g insulation provides warmth so you're comfortable run after run while those other kids are shivering in the lodge; the Freedom Fit has a classic look that provides plenty of coverage and room to move.
- 10K-rated nylon oxford fabric protects against wind and snow
- Critical seams taped prevents moisture from seeping in
- 60g body and sleeves/40g hood insulation adds warmth on frigid days
- Freedom Fit is baggier for unrestricted mobility
- Mesh-lined underarm vents dump heat when it warms up
- Powder skirt keeps snow from going up your back
- Drop hood construction keeps you from getting hoodwinked
- Two front pockets, a goggle pocket, and an internal media pocket store essentials, and a pass pocket provides easy access to your season pass
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
January 1, 2013
I wore this jacket for the first time yesterday at Bellayre mountain in New York when it was 19 degrees with 8 inches of fresh powder and super hard winds and this jacket worked like a dream. I had a t-shirt and hoodie on underneath and I was plenty warm, I actually got really hot a few times but that is better than being cold. This jacket also kept me absolutely bone dry and I was rolling around in some pretty deep pow quite a bit (Literally rolling around in it, I love snow). Also it completely seals out wind with no leaks. My only complaint is that the media pocket on the inside to the jacket already had a hole on the inside of it on the bottom when I first got it but I know that is just a factory mistake. The freedom fit is perfect, just enough looseness for unrestricted movement but not so baggy that you look like one of those fools who get an xxl for no apparent reason. I am 5'10", got a medium, and I have plenty of room to move around and layer up underneath. It is just a little long on me but I don't really mind. I will post a picture later. All in all I couldn't be more happy with this jacket.
Research out-of-stock versions:
- [shell] nylon oxford; [lining] taffeta, tricot
- [hood] 40g synthetic; [body & sleeves] 60g synthetic
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- 10,000 mm
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- 10,000 g/mē
- underarm zips
- Powder Skirt:
- [external] 2 hand, 2 front; [internal] 1 media, 1 pass, 1 goggle
- critically taped
- Wrist Gaiters:
- Recommended Use:
- snowboarding, skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 year