2010 Model No Longer Available
Sierra Designs Prima Fusion Insulated Jacket - Men's - 2010 BCS
With its Primaloft Eco insulation and Tropozone waterproof breathable fabric, the Sierra Designs Prima Fusion Insulated Jacket is ready to tackle your next high-alpine adventure. The Tropozone 3L fabric features a PU membrane to protect against rain, falling snow, and high-speed winds, while a DWR coating encourages water and melting snow to bead up on the fabrics surface without affecting the garmentís overall breathability. Sierra Designs also included a touch of insulation for extra warmth.
- Fully taped seams and water-resistant front zipper prevent the elements from sneaking in
- Primaloft Eco insulation traps in warmth and is sourced from recycled materials
- Core Comfort Technology bonds insulation to strategic points for increased comfort, an enhanced range of motion, and a sleek overall appearance
- Fusionic Tech uses a stitchless, heat-bonding technique to join fabric pieces, which results in stronger, cleaner-looking seams
- Underarm vents lend airflow and increase evaporation when you work up a sweat
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
Is the red model on sale and new item or a return?
January 17, 2012
January 12, 2013
Great jacket, very warm for the limited insulation (but not too warm like the down version.)
It runs BIG! I'm not a small guy: 6ft, 210lbs. The XL is on the edge of too big. I can do tons of layering under this though, so, I'm not irked by that.
I wish it had two-way zippers on the front for cycling, and it should have an audio-access point for running headphones.
Otherwise, its durable, very water proof, and looks good too. (oops... I accidentally put my review as a comment on someone else's review.)
- [membrane/laminate] Tropozone 3L (polyurethane); [shell] 40D nylon ripstop with mechanical stretch and DWR coating; [lining] polyester taffeta
- PrimaLoft Eco
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- 20,000 mm
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- 15,000 g/m≤
- Center Back Length:
- (large) 30.75 in
- underarm zip vents
- Powder Skirt:
- (external) 2 hand, 1 chest, (internal) 1 zip
- fully taped
- Wrist Gaiters:
- yes, full-time
- (large) 935 g
- Recommended Use:
- skiing, alpine ascents
- Manufacturer Warranty: