2009 Model No Longer Available
Research other out-of-stock versions:
Sierra Designs Hurricane Jacket - Men's - 2009 BCS
Even though the weather outside is raging, you'll feel like you're in the eye of the storm when you wear the Sierra Designs Men’s Hurricane Jacket. This lightweight and highly compressible rain shell feature PVC-free seam tape to seal out moisture and underarm zip vents to dump heat when things get steamy.
- Solvent-free PU membrane provides protection against rain and falling snow
- DWR coating encourages water and melting snow to bead up on the fabric's surface without affecting the garment’s overall breathability
- Fully taped seams mean water won’t roll down the fabric and sneak in through the joints
- Underarm vents lend airflow and increase evaporation when you work up a sweat
- Center storm flap prevents rain from coming in through the front closure
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
I'm 5'8 about 160 (short midsection), would a small be too small? Or go with a medium?
August 31, 2012
Not very warm at all, it is just a rain shell. You would need to layer with this if you are going to be in colder temps.
By: Josh Chapman
March 16, 2012
October 19, 2011
I choose this jacket because it was inexpensive, and had pockets and a hood. This little jacket has exceeded my expectations. I love how compact it is. I keep it in the water bottle pocket of my bag. As a student in Boston, I never know when it may start raining, so its storability is super handy.
I recently wore this jacket to rugby practice, and when it started to rain, I threw it over my backpack. For two and a half hours, it poured. My backpack was dry as a bone.
This jacket is as practical, durable, and waterproof as ones three times the price.
- [membrane/laminate] polyurethane; [shell] 50D nylon ripstop with DWR coating
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- 5000 mm
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- 5000 g/m²
- Center Back Length:
- (large) 30 in
- 2 hand
- fully taped
- underarm zip vents
- yes, full-time
- Claimed Weight:
- (large) 13.5 oz
- Recommended Use:
- hiking, backpacking
- Manufacturer Warranty: