Shimano SH-WR61 Women's Shoes
A sixty-mile ride is no joke, so your footwear shouldn't be either. The Shimano SH-WR61 Women's Shoes provide breathability, anatomic comfort, and stability that doesn't relinquish energy during countless orbits around the crank.
- Narrow, curved last matches your foot's shape while its reinforced, squared-off toe box enables enhanced power transfer without your toes bunching during steep climbs
- Stretch-resistant synthetic upper ensures that the shoe doesn't lose its shape
- Lightly padded mesh lining and mesh upper inserts encourage breathability during long rides over the hot asphalt
- The lightweight, fiberglass-reinforced polyamide sole channels the power from your legs directly into your pedal strokes to push your machine efficiently
- A contoured foam footbed provides ergonomic comfort throughout the whole ride
- The micro-adjustable buckle and two hook-and-loop off-set straps lock down the shoe so there isn't any movement or loss of energy during your pedaling
- Cleats NOT included
- Compatible with Shimano SPD-SL pedals, or most three-hole road pedals
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
I am new to spinning and absolutely love it! Not sure what is
I am new to spinning and absolutely love it! Not sure what is the best cycling shoe to start with any suggestions?
By: Darlene Kemp
June 19, 2012
I have just one more thing to add to Wally's comment. If you are using spin bikes at a gym/fitness facility, the predominant pedal type used is only compatible with Shimano 2-bolt-type mountain bike cleats (ie- "Shimano Pedaling Dynamics (SPD) cleats). When you look on the bottom of these shoes (Shimano SH-WR61), you'll see that the cleat attaches with _3_ bolts--this is a SPD-SL or Look-type bolt pattern. All of that to say, these shoes accept a different, road pedal cleat, not the 2-bolt cleat you'd typically use in pedals on spin bikes at the gym. This might not be the shoe for your needs, though it is a very nice road cycling shoe at a good price.
By: EL GROUCHO
October 8, 2012
Hey Darlene Kemp,
Thanks for the question. When it comes to spinning, you don't want to go too crazy with the quality of shoe due to spinning being more of the training aspect. So, the Shimano SH-WR61 Shoe - Women's would work, but would also be a bit spendy where you would get pretty much the same thing out of the Shimano SH-WR35 Shoe - Women's.
Also, and this is VERY IMPORTANT. Cycling and MTB shoes DO NOT comes with cleats, which is what you need to attach to most spin cycle pedals. These pedals are sold separately and are called Shimano SH56 SPD Cleat Set or Shimano SH51 SPD Cleat Set.
By: Wally Phillips
June 20, 2012