2009 Model No Longer Available
Scarpa Hurricane Alpine Touring Boot - 2009 BCS
You don’t have to lug cement-heavy boots up the hill just to have stiff support on your eyeball-tearingly steep descents. Check out the Scarpa Hurricane Alpine Touring Boot—this freeride boot boasts a 120 flex index and a ridiculously light 3lb 15oz weight.
- V-Frame power-ribs on cuff boost strength without adding weight
- Interchangeable DIN-standard Vibram Ride rubber sole means you can use your AT bindings for dawn patrols and regular alpine bindings for resort days
- Fixed Powerblock forward-lean mechanism for a complete lock between cuff and shell, so you can ski hard lines without worrying about give
- Intuition Speed liner with overlap construction so you get warmth and a comfortable fit
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
July 13, 2011
I'm a big scarpa fan and somebody missed the boat with these boots. I've cranked through the Laser, Spirit 4 and most recently the F3 AT boot. All three boots get an A+. For the first time in years, I've got a bad case of shin bang and the buckles continuously get caught under the toungue. Very poor design. These are going to the swap
January 19, 2011
Just used these for the first time on a trip to Montana. These are my first boots and I can safely say I will never go back to rentals. Ever. After several days of skiing in various conditions (though all alpine/downhill, no AT), my feet were always comfortable and warm - I didn't feel that need to stop for lunch just to give my footies a rest. Also, for traveling they are nice and light.
To reiterate, these are NOT AT boots, but they can be retrofitted with a Scarpa powerblock walk/ride mechanism and lugged soles (not included). I think I'll go this route if I get some sticks and AT bindings.
For now I couldn't be happier.
- Shell Material:
- Liner Material:
- Intuition Speed
- Thermo-moldable Liner:
- Number of Buckles:
- 4 + Power strap
- Micro Adjustable:
- Forward Lean:
- Yes, 19 + / - 3
- Binding Compatibility:
- ISO Alpine (DIN), UNI
- [Pair, size 27] 7lb 14oz (3616g)
- Recommended Use:
- Advanced freeride AT, alpine skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 Year