By dan4706758 October 17, 2011
I've been shopping around for a 3L shell for a while and figured that I couldn't beat the price on this one. I ordered a size up as recommended from the comments below and am pretty happy with the coat in general. The shoulders and armpits are not as roomy as I'm used to, though I don't find it uncomfortable and I'm able to layer a fleece/down sweater without any problems, plus I think the fit will relax after a bit of wear. Also, I should say that the cut doesn't affect range of motion, this isn't a problem.
Other things to note:
- the hood is not designed to fit over a helmet, it's on the small side.
- the arms are really long (which I like).
- the collar is pretty tight around the neck when fully zipped.
- the jacket does not have a long body. It looks great, but know that it will come to about mid-hip rather than farther down the tops of your legs.
Overall: I'm thrilled. Great jacket. Better price!
Nailed It? 0 Yes
- Stretch nylon, ripstop nylon, MicroShed laminate
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- Underarm zips
- 2 Hand, 1 inner media, 1 pass window
- Fully taped
- Powder Skirt:
- Wrist Gaiters:
- Recco Reflector:
- Recommended Use:
- Skiing, mountaineering