Great day pack and for use around town, too
By yc467499 June 1, 2011
This pack has 2 features that are hard to find these days
1. A front panel that fits a helmet, wet clothes, food, or a laptop (for use around town)
2. Two side pockets that fit nalgene bottles.
The size of the pack is great - perfect for a day hike, or this is also my go-to bag for a weekend trip in town. The front pouch fits my laptop and it is super easy to take out the laptop at the airport.
The suspension is very comfortable. I've had about 28 pounds in it and it felt fine. I wouldn't go much heavier than that though. There are plenty of compression straps to make the back small when it's fairly empty. There's a zippered pouch area inside the pack, too, which helps organization.
My only complaint is that there is limited space that you can get to without opening the entire pack up. There is a small pocket on top of the pack, but that's it. I'd like to be able to get to my food without opening up my whole pack, but hey, I don't think many other packs this size do this any better. That's the only small drawback of an otherwise perfect pack.
Nailed It? 0 Yes
- 210D nylon ripstop
- (S) 1525 cu in, (M) 1525 cu in, (L) 1650 cu in
- 1 steel stay padded back panel
- Hydration Compatible:
- Rain Cover:
- Access Types:
- (external) 2 side, 2 hip, 1 top, (internal) 1 organizer, 1 hydration
- Ski Carry:
- Snowboard Carry:
- Ice Axe Loops:
- Shovel Pocket:
- (S) 2 lb 12 oz, (M) 2 lb 14 oz, (L) 3 lb
- Recommended Use:
- day hikes, rock climbing, travel
- Manufacturer Warranty: