Fits Well and Warm
By sanderswm April 15, 2012
First off: Sizing. I'm 5'11, 200lbs and the Medium fits well. I would recommend going a size lower than what fits for normal clothing.
- Warm with everything zipped in
- Versatile. On 30-40 degree days the insulated layer works great by itself. When it's raining at 50 degrees the outer shell is perfect. Under 30, the combo is the way to go.
- Plug and play. I can swap in my fleece if I like, as well as the proprietary snow pants (haven't tried those yet).
- Stiff neck. If zipped all the way I feel it's difficult to move your head.
- The music pocket is placed in a spot that will likely never be accessible. I either needed the pocket accessible on the outside or at the insulated layer.
All in all the jacket feels quite rugged and it's put up with the rapidly changing temperatures in a Vermont winter/early spring. With temperature shifts about 30 degrees from morning to afternoon, it's great to be able to swap out jackets.
Nailed It? 0 Yes
- Jacket Material:
- [shell] HyVent 2L Proweave; [body lining] mesh; [sleeve lining] taffeta
- Removable Liner Material:
- [shell] quilted taffeta; [lining] embossed taffeta
- [removable liner] Heatseeker (80g)
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- 25 PSI
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- 625 g/mē
- yes, removable
- (external) 2 zippered handwarmer, 1 chest zippered, 1 wrist accessory with goggle cloth, (internal) 1 media, 1 goggle
- fully taped
- Powder Skirt:
- Wrist Gaiters:
- Recommended Use:
- skiing, alpine hiking
- Manufacturer Warranty: