By Julie October 30, 2012
I just received my jacket in the mail from Departmentofgoods, it took a bit longer than expected to arrive but was well worth the wait!
I had the opportunity to test out the jacket in a rain/wind storm and it held up so much better than my now retired Sierra Design. The Gortex is sturdy but not to thick like on some jackets, the zips are all easily accessible, the balaclava is an awesome addition, recco, mp3 player etc etc this jacket has everything you would need.
Some people have been commenting that there isn't a zippered inside pocket? I am assuming they don't have the jacket or have even looked at it because there definitely is one!
Sizing on the jacket is also something I would disagree with I ordered a Large as this is what I normally fit into comfortably, while the large fits me I was expecting it to be a bit roomier in the hips everywhere else on the jacket is generous.
If you can grab one of these jackets at the sale price you wont be disappointed in the least!
Nailed It? 0 Yes
- [membrane/laminate] Gore-Tex (2-layer); [face fabric] 70D nylon; [lining] tricot
- [front, arms] 60g PrimaLoft Eco; [back, underarms] 40g PrimaLoft Eco
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- guaranteed waterproof
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- guaranteed breathable
- yes, adjustable, , removable, , helmet-compatible
- Center Back Length:
- (medium) 27 in
- CrossFlo chest-to-hip zips
- Powder Skirt:
- [external] 2 hand, 1 chest; [internal] pass
- fully taped
- Wrist Gaiters:
- yes, ThumbDrive cuff
- 2 lb 3.2 oz
- Recommended Use:
- skiing, snowboarding, side-country
- Manufacturer Warranty: