1. Size up. If you are a 34, get a 36. If you are a 36, get a 38 etc.
2. The 11" inseam is perfect. I am 6'3" and they sit right at my kneecaps. Do not worry about the shorter inseams offered on the MK web site.
3. They are just like the pants. The only difference is the Velcro on the double back pockets. Some people have said that it "stabs" them, well they should put on some underwear.
4. The leg openings are perfect. I have big soccer thighs and there is no problem with the legs being to tight.
5. The MK shorts seem much lighter than the Alpine Utility pants due to the fact that there is no double knee, so don't worry about feeling to hot or sweaty in them.
Awesome shorts from MK, my new favorite, better than the Prana and Mountain Hardware cotton canvas shorts I own.