Rome Mod Snowboard
Bjorn Leines has a thing for going big. Always. And whether it's first-try 9s over Chad's Gap or late no-grab back 180s down chutes with blind landings, he's trusting the Rome Mod Snowboard to provide the boost for the take off and the stability to stick the landing. The powerful Mod transcends the need for multiple boards since it was developed with twin geometry to handle front-country runs the same as it does terrain beyond the ropes.
- Stay Positive camber complements the Mod's stiff and powerful DNA with a fail-proof, full-length arch of traditional camber
- QuickRip sidecut places extra contact points on the middle of the board to give you reliable traction between your feet
- Carbon Reverse Radial V HotRods configure hollow carbon rods in a reverse V formation with a slight curvature to increase pop on the firm flop without crazy amounts of torque
- KEVLARŪ Impact Plates reinforce the board's most vulnerable area directly under the bindings, greatly reducing compression and stress on your binding's base plate
- SuperlightBiax laminate weighs considerably less than regular biax glass while still delivering a flexible feel with just the right amount of snap
- AirPop Core Matrix is Rome's lightest core because of its articulate lay-up and blends of smooth poplar and five zonal regions of low-density wood; the end result is an overall lively flex with hints of forgiveness throughout
- True twin shape rides evenly whether you're straight-bombing or switch-mobbing
- SinterCarbon base infuses the durable and porous compound with nanoadditives to greatly reduce friction so you can clear the gap and get to the pow first
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
Ride the Lightning!!!
January 2, 2013
Fellow snow sliders, I've been riding a long time and tried many different decks out there. With that said, I tend to gravitate towards more jumping, fast cruising, cliffs, backcountry and all-mountain freestyle... imagine Tom Cruise and a mystical Centaur having a love child and putting him on a board. Get the picture?
I like responsive, fast, poppy, stable and bombproof boards that can handle some hairy situations and bigger jumps; I never want to doubt my equipment in any scenario. I don't have to at all with the Mod, this board kills it!!!!! If you want to push your riding to places you thought only unicorns could go, get this deck, you will NOT be disappointed. Enjoy the ride :)
Research out-of-stock versions:
- 154 cm, 156 cm, 158 cm, 160 cm, 162 cm
- true twin
- Effective Edge:
- [154cm] 1190 mm; [156cm] 1210 mm; [158cm] 1230 mm; [160cm] 1250 mm; [162cm] 1270 mm
- Waist Width:
- [154cm] 251 mm; [156cm] 253 mm; [158cm] 255 mm; [160-162cm] 256 mm
- Sidecut Radius:
- [154cm] 8.01 m; [156cm] 8.10 m; [158cm] 8.18 m; [160cm] 8.27 m; [162cm] 8.35 m
- Stance Width:
- [154cm] 21 in; [156-158cm] 22 in; [160-162cm] 23.5 in
- Stance Setback:
- Airpop Core Matrix
- Recommended Rider Weight:
- [154cm] 115 - 170 lb; [156cm] 125 - 185 lb; [158cm] 135 - 200 lb; [160cm] 140 - 200 lb; [162cm] 150 - 210 lb
- Recommended Use:
- all-mountain, freestyle, backcountry booters
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 2 years