2012 Model No Longer Available
Rip Curl Mirage Hectik Board Short - Men's - 2012 BCS
Surf naked, or at least feel like you are, in the Rip Curl Men's Mirage Hektic Board Short. Between the super-light, ultra-stretchy fabric and the near-seamless construction of these high-tech shorts, you may have to get used to that feeling of wearing nothing when you pop up onto the board.
- Hydrophobic fabric sheds water so you're dry within minutes of coming ashore
- Welded seams reduce weight and reduce chances of chafing
- Stretch tape at seams gives them ultra-smooth finish
- Ergo fit design reduces need for seams, further enhancing comfort
- Reflective hits in the sublimated print add to your safety when you're partying in the beach parking lot after dark
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
May 3, 2012
These shorts are nothing like the product in the description. They have literally none of the features listed above. The seams are neither welded nor taped, they're just regular old fashioned seams and there are plenty of them (hello chafing!). The fabric is not lightweight or hydrophobic, and has NO STRETCH WHATSOEVER. If you just want a pair of shorts for sitting poolside, these should be fine. If you want something for high performance surfing, though, DO NOT BUY THESE. I'm exceedingly disappointed in these shorts, and I'd be sending them back if it weren't so expensive to do so.