Ride Machete GT Snowboard
The Machete GT Snowboard is a performance twin that builds on the Machete legacy with the addition of new POPwalls and the incredibly versatile Hybrid LowRize Rocker Profile. The same true-twin shape gets ramped up for all-mountain action with carbonized pop, reactive response, and the weight-saving Membrain topsheet.
- Hybrid LowRize rocker places micro-camber through the middle of the board for control and LowRize rocker on the nose and tail to make it fun to press, float, and butter around
- Membrain topsheet scraps the plastic topsheet altogether to shave weight and produce vibrant graphics
- Slimewall sidewalls replace traditional sidewall materials with flexible, dampening, and resilient urethane
- Thin-Con construction tapers the core to be thinner on the nose and tail reducing overall weight and making it easier to initiate spins, turns, and buttering maneuvers
- Carbon Array 5 technology utilizes criss-crossing bands of carbon that distribute power and increases strength while maintaining a stiff flex in and out of turns
- Hybrid glass places snappy triax on top and a softer biax layer on the base to achieve response and forgiveness
- Cleave Edge beefs up the amount of steel used by 50% to resist cracking and blow outs and provide flexibility with tuning
- Fusion 4000 base holds speed as well as it does wax, and is strong enough to take a few hits from under-snow hazards
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
Great board all around
January 2, 2013
I got this as my second board and i gotta say i really love it. Has a great surfy feel and is supper stable.
TWO THUMBS DOWN!!!!
December 15, 2012
I give this board 1 star. First off let me explain that i consider myself an advanced rider. I spend 50% of my time in the park, 35% on groomers, and 15% in powder. This board is terrible. I didn't even consider taking it into the park. Hybrid low riser sucks. This board only performed well at high speeds--thats all its good for. I couldn't imagine riding it in powder. Ride says it a 7 on the flex scale, i saw its 10. stiffest board i've ever rode. If you want to have no fun on the mountain then buy this board. Pop Walls? you serious bro--this board has 0 pop. I had a 154 and weight 175. TWO THUMBS DOWN
- 151 cm, 154 cm, 157 cm, 160 cm
- medium-stiff (7 of 10 on Ride's scale)
- Hybrid LowRize
- Effective Edge:
- [151 cm ] 1178 mm; [154 cm ] 1203 mm; [157 cm ] 1228 mm; [160 cm ] 1254 mm
- Waist Width:
- [151 cm ] 246 mm; [154 cm ] 248 mm; [157 cm ] 250 mm; [160 cm ] 252 mm
- Sidecut Radius:
- [151cm] 9.6 / 7.1 / 9.6 m; [154cm] 9.7 / 7.2 / 9.7 m; [157cm] 9.8 / 7.3 / 9.8 m; [160cm] 9.9 / 7.4 / 9.9 m
- Stance Width:
- [151 cm] 21 in; [154, 157, 160cm] 22 in
- Stance Setback:
- Fusion 4000 (sintered)
- Recommended Rider Weight:
- [151 cm] 100 - 150 lb; [154 cm] 115 - 165 lb; [157 cm] 125 - 175 lb; [160 cm] 130 - 180 lb
- Recommended Use:
- freestyle, all-mountain
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 year