Outdoor Research Backbowl Pants - Men's
Gearing up for a backcountry tour in pants that offer protection from cold descents but no breathability during rigorous ascents means you'll be at a disadvantage before you even slap on the skins. Cover your lower body with the Outdoor Research Men's Backbowl Pants and be just as prepared for the up as for the down.
- Highly breathable and waterproof Pertex shell fends off moisture but doesn't leave you clammed
- Mesh tricot upper promotes sweat transfer from your thighs, and the smooth taffeta lower lining offers smooth comfort
- Hand, leg, and back pockets let you access snacks, lip balm, and whatever else you may need without pulling off the pack
- Leg shaping allows the pant to move with your legs while you hike and ski
- Reinforced leg cuffs and inner ankles help reduce wear from rubbing and ski edges
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
I'm 6'2, 175 (slender/skinny/lanky/yourpick) and I wear a 34 inseam. Do I go with the mediums since the waist should be right or do I need to go with the large for the longer inseam? Meaning, do they run long and the medium is good or will I look like I'm wearing capri ski pants in the medium?
July 3, 2012
February 7, 2012
Had 2 East Coast days in these guys, held up well. Good fit, little on the baggy side (I went M as 5'9" 140 lb.) I got these primarily for hiking, but they're dry and warm enough for blustery ice coast days. Only gripes are the vents don't have mesh (for resorts) and I got them for the protection of the scuff guard, which ripped on my first day out. Gonna see if I can replace them through the warranty, but I would definitely recommend them if you intent to hike in them.
- [shell] Pertex Shield; [lining] brushed tricot
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- not specified
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- not specified
- inner thigh vents
- fully taped
- belt loops with button closure
- 2 front hand, 2 back hook-and-loop flap, 1 thigh hook-and-loop flap
- 1 lb 8 oz
- Recommended Use:
- backcountry skiing, shell pant, sidecountry laps
- Manufacturer Warranty: