2011 Model No Longer Available
Ortovox 200 PFA Carbon Probe - 2011 BCS
Before you dig out an avalanche victim you must pinpoint a buried signal and confirm his or her location with a probe strike. The Ortovox 200 PFA Carbon Probe provides that crucial confirmation with rigid, reliable materials that don't weigh down your pack during long tours, mountaineering, or randonee racing.
- Lightweight 10mm carbon shaft provides the ideal strength-weight ratio during practice or real-life rescues
- 200cm length is best suited for shallow, Continental snow packs (CO, NM, MT, and sometimes UT)
- Patented Flash Assembly tensioning system uses a durable Dyneema cord inside the probe so you can pull the handle and assemble the probe in a second or less while a quick-release cap enables easy disassembly and storage
- EVA grip sleeve enables easy gripping with snow and ice caked on your gloves
- Metal head busts through compact debris so you can always get a strike
- Graduated shaft lets you measure the snowpack in centimeters before you dig
- Ultra-lightweight (less than 6oz) and compact when folded (less than 13in) means you won't have a problem finding room in your pack for it
- Included sack enables tangle-free storage and quick-grabbing with its folding closure
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.