2010 Model No Longer Available
Obermeyer Radial Shell Jacket - Men's - 2010 BCS
From stormy mountain peaks to high seas, you can count on the Obermeyer Radial Shell Jacket to keep the water on the outside, where it belongs. A waterproof breathable membrane makes the Radial weather-worthy while keeping you comfortable, and the jacket's Duroguard DWR coating sheds water before it can soak in. Throw the Radial over a few layers when it's nuking snow on the slopes or wear it on its own when it's raining cats and dogs, with a few squirrels and chipmunks thrown in.
- Underarm ventilation zips let you control air flow and stay comfortable
- Fully sealed seams keep water from sneaking in through the joints
- Full-time hood can be adjusted two ways with a tug of the toggle
- Hook-and-loop tabs at cuffs and drawstring in hem let you seal out stormy weather
- Extra-deep hand pockets shelter your digits
- Aquaguard waterproof zippers down the the front and on the chest pocket and sleeve pocket block seepage
- Soft fleece over zipper protects your tender chin
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
December 23, 2011
Got this one in radioactive-yellow (Viper) from SAC, absolutely worth the money. 10,000mm is more than enough for any deluge I've encountered or am likely to experience, and the breathability lets me add a couple of insulated layers without causing moisture problems. The best part of this shell is how light and compact it is; you barely pay any weight/space penalty if you bring it along just in case things get rainy.
Fit is pretty standard, I'm a slim 5'11" guy and the Medium fits well with some room for layers.
- nylon, DWR coating, waterproof breathable membrane
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- 10,000 mm
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- 10,000 g/mē
- Center Back Length:
- 30 in
- underarm zip vents
- Powder Skirt:
- (external) 1, 1 sleeve, 2 hand, (internal) 1 zip
- fully taped
- 1 lb 8 oz
- Recommended Use:
- skiing, hiking, boating, general rain wear
- Manufacturer Warranty: