Northwave Tribute Triathlon Shoes
The swim leg didn't go quite as well as you'd hoped (you'd swear someone moved that third buoy) but you're well-positioned to start making up time immediately with the help of the Northwave Men's Tribute Triathlon Shoe. It's clipped to your pedals already, just waiting for you to jump on the bike and go. The Tribute's easy-entry system includes a wide reversed hook-and-loop strap that locks down in the open position so you can start pedaling without the strap getting in the way. An extra-large heel loop also helps you slide into the shoe on the go, so you don't waste a second.
- Thin, stiff Carbon Composite sole allows for maximum power transmission to your pedals without weighing you down
- Removable rubber pad in the heel gives you a touch of traction if you need to run through the transition area
- Microfiber inserts in the upper, as well as vents in the heel, allow air to circulate around your foot
- Omega heel features grip, protection, rigidity and stability for maximum propulsion
- Stiff, lightweight Performance Pro footbed transmits power to the pedals and provides arch support
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
December 5, 2011
I bought this shoes to use on triathlons since they state they can be used without socks. So far, the experience has had it's positive and negative aspects. I have used them in 2 tris by now (one using socks, the other without), and also for training and some longer rides.
I had suffer minor scratches here and there when using without socks, but nothing too uncomfortable, and luckily that have not affect me during my competitions. I would just love that they caused no scratches at all, but I guess I will have to get used to that ...