New Balance MT00 Minimus Trail Running Shoe - Men's
The New Balance Men's MT00 Minimus Trail Running Shoes will have you feeling wickedly fast and light as you sprint up the trail, leaping over rocks and skirting around hikers as you go. With the MT00, you get the benefits of barefoot form with the comfort and protection of a lightweight trainer.
- Lightweight, breathable, and close-fitting open mesh upper provides breathable comfort without adding extra weight
- Welded construction further reduces weight and bulk, and prevents chafing
- Antimicrobial treatment reduces odor
- Zero-drop midsoles encourage a natural midfoot or forefoot strike
- Compression-resistant Acteva EVA midsole offers a thin, lightweight layer of underfoot cushioning as you leap over trail debris
- Strobel lasts with the upper stitched to full-length fabric give a comfortable underfoot feel
- Lugged Vibram outsoles ensure multi-directional grip on sketchy terrain and slick roads
- High-wear spots on the heel and forefoot are reinforced with Vibram rubber outsoles
- Designed to be worn with or without socks
- Sizing: Standard running-shoe length with a medium width forefoot
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
August 8, 2012
They're great for running, breathable enough, and perform well on the trail! They're scary light, but don't have any support, so be prepared for sore feet if you've not run barefoot (or nearly). Break yourself in easy, and you'll be good to go!
Not good at all
July 31, 2012
The only thing that makes these shoes good is how light they are thats it. new balance needs to have a one piece sole the individual pods throw my stride and foot placement out of wack if you where them without socks get ready for them to tear your feet apart. and even with socks they are no good.
Has anyone used these for backpacking or hiking? Right now im
Has anyone used these for backpacking or hiking? Right now im rocking the Merrell Moab and im looking to drop some OZ's...
April 27, 2012
You would be dropping some serious OZ's going from the Moab to the MT00. While this may be what you are trying to accomplish, it will be a significantly different fit, feel and overall experience. I would highly recommend that you ease into it over the course of a couple weeks rather than making a hard switch.
- Bryan Gothie, New Balance Product Manager
By: Bryan Gothie
April 30, 2012
Never used these trail runners specificly but I've always used trail runners (Salomon, montrail, etc) for backpacking/hiking. They work great and you feel much lighter on your feet obviously. I highly recommend a trail runner for backpacking.
By: Sterling Watson
April 27, 2012
April 5, 2012
If you want to get into barefoot running but want to keep glass out of your feet, then this is the shoe for you. I only gave it 4 stars because the material above the toe is kind of stiff and bends funny. I can't wear these without socks because that material gives some bad friction against the hair on the top of my feet. (no I'm not a hobbit)
The sole of the shoe has gaps, so if you run through a puddle you'll get the bottom of your foot wet.
July 21, 2012
I gave this shoe 1 star because I never had a chance to run in them. After wearing them around the house for a few hours the insole lining at the front of both shoes started to peel. This created an aggravating lump under my toe.
July 5, 2012
These shoes are my main running and they are my favorite minimalist shoes I've purchased being super light to chase up the mountain and have just enough protection to destroy the downhill. The ball to toe roll in a stride are perfected with smooth footsteps in the shoes!