2012 Model No Longer Available
Mountain Hardwear Stretch Typhoon Jacket - Men's - 2012 BCS
When the rain doesn't slow you down, cumbersome rain gear sometimes does. That's not the case with the Mountain Hardwear Stretch Typhoon Jacket. It seals out any amount of moisture while also providing the stretch and mobility you need to hike, climb, or set up camp in a raging storm.
- Dry.Q Core waterproof breathable membrane turns this tough, stretchy nylon shell into a fortress against heavy rain showers
- All-over stretch allows free motion of your arms without losing coverage in the back or front
- Front zipper storm flap, tall collar, adjustable hood, adjustable hem, and hook-and-loop cuffs let you seal yourself off from the fickle weather
- Solid brim on the hood prevents flapping in the wind
- Underarm zippers allow heat expulsion when the rain turns into a muggy afternoon on the trail
- Two zippered hand pockets, a chest pocket, and an internal pocket provide waterproof storage of electronics and essentials for your hike or everyday errands
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
i am looking for a rain jacket for backpacking trips and will also double as a wading jacket. I am 5'11" and would like a shorter length jacket. will this fill my requirements?
June 15, 2013
I wan't to use this jacket for skiing, would this b a good shell g=for that and would the hood fit over the helmet
November 22, 2012
- [membrane/laminate] Dry.Q Core; [shell] Ark 30D Stretch
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- 40,000 mm
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- 30,000 g/mē
- yes, fixed
- Center Back Length:
- 29 in
- [external] 2 front, 1 chest; [internal] 1 small zip
- underarm zips
- Claimed Weight:
- 12 oz
- Recommended Use:
- alpine trekking, hiking, rain gear
- Manufacturer Warranty: