Mountain Hardwear Snowtastic Jacket - Women's
The Mountain Hardwear Snowtastic Jacket's twill three-layer softshell fabric provides protection from nasty winter storms along with softshell stretch and breathability. Wear this jacket on dawn patrols and deep days in the resort.
- DryQ Elite waterproof breathable fabric uses Instant-On technology so the fabric doesn't wait until the inside of your jacket gets humid and clammy to start breathing
- Sonic welded seams keep wetness from seeping in through the seams and increase flexibility (compared to taped seams)
- Underarm zips dump excess heat
- Stretch powder skirt blocks snow and can be removed for less bulk when you wear this jacket around town
- Butter Jersey cuffs for wrist softness
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
Excellent, but not ski helmet compatible
November 11, 2011
In almost all regards, this is a fantastic jacket. This jacket had everything I was looking for: chamois cuffs to keep snow off my wrists; a zip out powder skirt so that it would be comfy on and off mountain; a welded soft shell so no annoying mesh liners or weird stiff fabric; and pit zips and plenty of room for movement (I telemark, so I prefer a little more room in the pits).
But this does not have a ski helmet compatible hood, despite assurances from the Backcountry.com rep that I spoke with and MH reps in the store that I visited. MH's description conspicuously omits compatibility from its description, even though you see it on other jackets. At $450 -- and because it's supposedly snowtastic -- this thing should have a compatible hood. If you plan to wear this mountaineering, it will probably work with a lower profile mountaineering helmet, but not a standard Giro ski helmet and definitely not a racing helmet. I can't decide if this is going back -- since the hood is too small to comfortably fit a helmet, it's basically like having no hood at all, which is a bummer when its windy and cold on the mountain. It makes you wonder if this is on sale because it's last year's colors or because it wasn't made to spec...on sale this is a great deal for a great jacket. At full price, it falls short.
- [membrane/laminate] Dry.Q Elite; [shell] Twill Softshell 3L (56% polyester, 44% nylon), DWR coating
- yes, fixed, , adjustable
- Center Back Length:
- 26.5 in
- underarm zip vents
- Powder Skirt:
- yes, removable
- 1 chest zippered media, 2 zippered handwarmer
- sonic welded
- Wrist Gaiters:
- yes, Butter Jersey
- 1 lb 10 oz
- Recommended Use:
- skiing, deep days in the backcountry
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- limited lifetime