2012 Model No Longer Available
Mountain Hardwear Hammerhead 3 Tent 3-Person 3-Season - 2012 BCS
Mountain Hardwear updated its popular Hammerhead 3 Tent to include a fully removable zip-out panel that lets you shed four ounces from the tent's overall trail weight. Yet it features 45 square feet of floor space, making it über-roomy for three people. Like everything else it makes, Mountain Hardwear packed this tent full of tech and features that will keep you comfortable and secure in the outdoors.
- Super-lightweight DAC NSL aluminum poles
- Fully taped fly, taped perimeter seam, welded corners, and welded guy-clip anchors for guaranteed watertight construction
- Evolution Tension Arch for stability with fewer poles
- Dry vestibule entry so you don't track snow and mud into the tent
- Pitch light configuration allows you to set up a shelter with just the footprint, poles, and fly for weight reduction
- Removable roof panel reduces weight by 4 ounces
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
The name below says humboldt, but the description and title say Hammerhead. Is that just some misprint, or do they not match?
June 14, 2013
April 30, 2013
I've head this tent for a couple of years now. I mostly do my camping in the spring and fall; some in the summer. The huge zippable mesh "roof" and other panels make for a great breezy tent that can be made much more airtight, quickly. Rain fly is adequate and setup is easy.
My only gripe is that getting in and out of the tent is not the easiest due to the awkward positioning of the entry openings and their small size.
The vestibule isn't the most generous, neither, but adequate.
- [fly] 75D polyester taffeta; [canopy] 68D polyester ripstop; [floor] 70D nylon taffeta
- Wall Type:
- Number of Vestibules:
- Pole Material:
- DAC Pressfit
- Pole Attachment:
- vertical tension
- Floor Space:
- 45 sq ft
- Floor Dimensions:
- (length) 90 in, (width at head) 64.5 in, (width at feet) 59 in
- Interior Height:
- 55 in
- Vestibule Space:
- (front) 12 sq ft, (rear) 12 sq ft
- Packed Size:
- 7 x 23 in
- fully taped
- Fast-pitch Option:
- yes, footprint not included
- Trail Weight:
- 7 lb 5 oz
- Recommended Use:
- warm-weather camping
- Manufacturer Warranty: