MontBell Super Spiral Burrow #3 Sleeping Bag: 30 Degree Synthetic
Spring storms and summer river trips might be too wet for a down bag, but the 30-degree synthetic MontBell Super Spiral Burrow #3 Sleeping Bag ensures a warm night after a cold rainstorm interrupts your trip. Thanks to the quick-drying Exceloft synthetic insulation and shingle construction, even the cold, damp mornings won't chill you to the bone.
- Rated down to 30F, this bag is best suited for most spring through fall camping and mild-to-cool nights in the mountains
- Exceloft synthetic insulation works best in rainy, muggy or wet conditions like a river trip or rainy Appalachian excursion
- Tough nylon outer shell withstands trail abuse and a DWR coating prevents moisture from seeping inside
- A draft tube inside the zipper and adjustable hood seal you off from exceptionally cold air
- Super Spiral-Stretch System uses a biased cut fabric, elastic stitch, and gathers in the quilting so the bag stretches with your movements, keeps the down close to your skin, and eliminates dead airspace
- Auto-locking zipper doesn't move during the night and joins your bag with another MontBell bag; left and right zippers available (depending on inventory)
- Compression stuff sack packs the bag down to its 7.5 x 14.8in size (regular)
- Available for shipping only to US and Canadian addresses
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
May 29, 2012
I've only used this bag a few times, but excited to use it more. I think '30 degree' rating is sort of pushing it (I spent two 40 degree nights in Big Sur and found myself shivering a points, but don't plan on using the bag in much colder situations than that. Its cool and light and packs pretty small. Color is great (was definitely a factor in my purchase), though the finish is much more fake rubber / plastic baggy than it looks in the pictures.
Research out-of-stock versions:
- nylon (40D), DWR coating
- Draft Collar:
- Max User Height:
- (regular) 6 ft 0 in, (long) 6 ft 6 in
- Shoulder Circumference:
- (regular) 75 in, (long) 81 in
- Stuff Size:
- 7.5 x 14.8 in
- Stuff Sack:
- Storage Sack:
- 30 deg
- (regular) 2 lb 8 oz, (long) 2 lb 10 oz
- Recommended Use:
- car camping, rainy treks, river trips, backpacking
- Manufacturer Warranty: