2011 Model No Longer Available
Marmot Silverton Jacket - Men's - 2011 BCS
Equipped with the toughest Gore-Tex shell ever created, your Marmot Silverton Jacket helps you charge through the roughest weather without losing focus on the climb or shrinking your powder-blasted smile. The guaranteed waterproof, windproof, and breathable Gore-Tex Pro Shell features an incredibly durable nylon ripstop outer shell with a membrane bonded directly to the shell's underside. An inner lining protects it all from wear throughout your whole season of working and playing in the mountains.
- Fully taped seams mean no dripping chairs or melting snow will find its way through to your under layers
- Zip-off, adjustable helmet-friendly hood features a laminated brim to keep it from flapping in the wind
- Underarm water-resistant zippers come in handy during hikes and hot rides in the tram
- The zip-off powder skirt includes gripper elastic to keep it in place and guard your under layers from deep, fluffy snow
- Asymmetrical cuffs with hook-and-loop closures fit under gloves and further block out the deep, billowing snow
- DriClime-lined collar feels smooth and increases warmth during super-storms
- Water-resistant hand, chest, and sleeve pocket zippers let you get to your stuff without allowing vulnerabilities when closed
- An internal mesh pocket holds goggles or gloves during hikes or happy hour sessions at the base
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
The description in the listing says the hood can zip off; the tech specs says it is fixed. Which is it? Thanks.
January 20, 2013
Fixed hood. It is not removable.
By: Josh Chapman
January 21, 2013
- [membrane/laminate] Gore-Tex Pro Shell (3-layer); [shell] nylon ripstop
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- guaranteed waterproof
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- guaranteed breathable
- yes, fixed, , adjustable, , wire brim, , helmet-compatible
- Angel-Wing Movement
- Center Back Length:
- 28.5 in
- underarm zips
- Powder Skirt:
- yes, removable
- (external) 2 hand zippered water-resistant, 1 chest zippered water-resistant, 1 sleeve zippered water-resistant, (interior) 1 mesh storage
- fully taped
- 1 lb 1.3 oz
- Recommended Use:
- alpine activities, skiing, touring, alpine climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty: