Mammut Keiko Jacket - Women's
With its tough waterproof breathable fabric and climber-friendly cut, The Mammut Women's Keiko Jacket can turn the stormy alpine environment into a slightly less brutal place.
- Mammut's DryTech Premium waterproof breathable fabric protects you from rain and snow once your barometer detects a shift in atmospheric pressure
- Fully taped seams mean water won’t roll down the fabric and sneak in through the crevices
- Underarm vents lend airflow and increase evaporation when you work up a sweat
- Articulated elbows mimic the normal anatomical shape of your arms and provide greater freedom of movement
- Lightweight, highly packable design fits easily into your expedition or summit pack
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
Compact and warm
June 27, 2012
This jacket is very well constructed, zippers and seams are solidly constructed. Armpit zippers also very nice to cool the body when your getting your blood pumping. Initially went with size small (5'11 and 140lbs)...fit well through arms and bust (34B) with room for a thin soft shell underneath...but through the waist and hips it felt a little small (and I don't really a curvy figure...hence my only reason for giving it 4stars instead of 5). I re-ordered a size medium for room for a fluffier soft shell underneath and more comfort in the waist for the long hikes and climbs with unexpected weather conditions. Twilight color is bold and should be fairly easy to spot on a white mtn.
Take home message: if you want to use this jacket with layers for alpine purposes I would suggest going a size up...if you want use this jacket as a everyday jacket with just a shirt or thin sweater then get your normal size.
As always-very pleased with the quality products Mammut pumps out...they may be a bit pricier than many brands but their apparel lasts longer under harsher conditions than just about any other outdoor apparel company I've tried. Definitely my favorite brand followed by Mountain Hardware and Obermeyer.
Mammut sizes are quite small, aren't they? I'm usually
Mammut sizes are quite small, aren't they? I'm usually a medium/large and like a bigger fit. Should I go for a XL?
June 28, 2012
June 15, 2011
Love my new Mammut Jacket, one of my favs for sure. Just traveled in rainy Germany and Switzerland and stayed dry and comfy. The stretch of this shell is amazing but feels good on the inside unlike my last jacket that was strtchy but felt like a olastic bag in th inside. Fit and features and the white color is amazing.
- [shell] polyamide; [membrane/laminate] polyurethane
- , none
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- 20,000 mm
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- 20,000 g/m??
- underarm zip vents
- Powder Skirt:
- 2 hand, 1 chest
- fully taped
- Wrist Gaiters:
- yes, full-time
- (average) 300 g
- Recommended Use:
- three-season mountaineering, multipitch climbing, hiking
- Manufacturer Warranty: