2010 Model No Longer Available
Kayland Hyper Traction Mountaineering Boot - Men's - 2010 BCS
Whether you’re traveling on snow, ice, or talus, Kayland made its Hyper Traction Mountaineering Boot to escort your flesh and bones across treacherous mountain landscapes.
- Heavy-duty upper and burly Vibram outsole are meant to devour mountain terrain
- eVent waterproof breathable membrane prevents external wetness from entering and allows internal sweat to evaporate
- Toe box contains PrimaLoft insulation for warmer toes
- Schoeller neoprene gaiter rises to just below the base of your calf and locks out wetness
- IADS Dual midsole technology offers a rigid mountaineering platform with an integrated stabilizing shank and a shock-absorbing heel piece
- Precise Fit means the boot comes with a slightly narrower last and an upper that wraps around your foot; the end result is a form-fitting, supportive feel
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
October 12, 2011
So far so good. Have worn them out of the box around the house and at work indoors. Plenty of stiffness for vertical ice. They feel like the Nepal EVOs I wore last year at the Michigan Ice Fest. I think they will be a bit warmer. I bought then a half size larger than my hiking boots. Seems to be a good choice. I could not pass up the $299 price. Will write again after trying them on ice and early summer glacier travel in PNW.