Head Snowboards USA The Evil KERS Snowboard
Blurring the lines between both art and technology as well as freestyle and freeriding, the Head Evil KERS Snowboard opens up all zones of the mountain for freestyle fun with the ability to change its flex automatically when it comes to pointing it through powder. That's probably why shred-mutant Shayne Pospisil choose the Evil KERS to dominate the contest scene and film in the backcountry.
- KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System) uses a chip that harvests your kinetic energy via Piezoelectric Intellifibers and stores it, releasing it when you need it for more snap in and out of turns and insane pop off ollies and jumps
- Flocka camber profile uses a large flat section in the middle of the board and camber outside the inserts for a forgiving feeling at your feet with power on the nose tail
- Three independent Carbon and KEVLARŪ stringers run the length of the board to provide unwavering stability and pop
- Ultralight wood core made with poplar to deliver an insanely high strength-to-weight ratio and extra-sensory response
- Sintered base uses a dense and porous compound that absorbs and holds wax as well as maintains a high level of durability
- Factory de-tuned contact points make the Evil KERS ready to ride with no hang-ups right out of the box
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
January 21, 2013
Just got this board this year and I've ridden it close to 10 times already. I always rode camber boards and was skeptical about getting something flat or rockered, (and flocka means its flat in the middle and rockers out in tip and tail....basically rocker) but the KERS makes it ride incredibly all mountain. There's no speed wobble or anything you'd get from a normal rocker but you get all the benefits of easy turning and it's much more forgiving than a camber board. Just started park this year so I can't really vouch for it but the flexibility is about 6 out of 10. Though it is a freestyle board, the KERS makes it an everything kind of board because you don't get the noodle response of your average park board.
Research out-of-stock versions:
- 149 cm, 152 cm, 155 cm, 158 cm, 161 cm
- Flocka (flat)
- Waist Width:
- [149cm] 242 mm; [152cm] 246 mm; [155cm] 252 mm; [158cm] 254 mm; [161cm] 258 mm
- Sidecut Radius:
- [149cm] 6.0 m; [152cm] 6.4 m; [155cm] 6.6 m; [158cm] 5.9 m; [161cm] 6.0 m
- Stance Width:
- [149cm] 20.47 in; [152cm] 21.26 in; [155cm] 22.04 in; [158cm] 22.83 in; [161cm] 23.62 in
- Stance Setback:
- ultra-light wood
- Recommended Use:
- all-mountain, freestyle
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 2 years