Gnu Carbon Credit BTX Series Snowboard
The Gnu Carbon Credit leaves its footprint all over the mountain, along with its true-twin, freestyle influence. Utilizing BTX technology (Banana plus Magnetraction), this playful board will slay everything in front of it from the park to pow, leaving nothing untouched—except your lunch money.
- Banana Tech rocker profile is the one that started it all—rocker between your feet and flat zones extending to the contact points for a super-loose, catch-free feel
- Magnetraction edges adds traction to all snow types with multiple contact points, making it possible to ride hardpack with a rocker board without falling on your ass
- True-twin shape serves up even-feeling freestyle geometry no matter which way you point it
- Biaxial fiberglass layup provides a softer, freestyle-friendly torsional flex for holding while pressing and buttering
- Flex adjusts by size to offer an overall medium flex dictated by suggested rider weight per length of board
- Handbuilt in the USA
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
Hi, Im 5'8 168ibs and wear a size 11-11.5 boot. I just learned
Hi, Im 5'8 168ibs and wear a size 11-11.5 boot. I just learned how to snowboard last year but I picked it up very quickly and in no time was linking turns and carving. I am looking for a first time board, is this a good choice? Also, would I need a wide?
November 20, 2012
Hey man, I own this board and I am a self-taught boarder myself. We're actually about the same size to im about an inch shorter and 10 lbs heavier. This is a good choice if you like both schredding down the side of mountain and goofing around in the park. Definitely a forgiving board that you grow more and more confident in riding each time you go out.
December 20, 2012
It would be tough to find a better board to learn and grow with than the Carbon Credit! It makes a great beginner board, but it's meant to be a great all-around board for someone on a budget.
By: Dan Scherman
November 27, 2012
Research out-of-stock versions:
- 147 cm; [ 152 cm ] 150 cm; [ 153 cm ] 153 cm, 156 cm, 159 cm, 162 cm
- true twin
- [ 147 cm ] medium (4 of 10 on Gnu's scale); [ 150 cm ] medium (4.5 of 10 on Gnu's scale); [ 153 cm ] medium (5 of 10 on Gnu's scale); [ 156 cm ] medium (6 of 10 on Gnu's scale); [ 159 cm ] medium-stiff (6.5 of 10 on Gnu's scale); [ 162 cm ] medium-stiff (7 of 10 on Gnu's scale)
- Effective Edge:
- [ 147 cm ] 1110 mm; [ 150 cm ] 1140 mm; [ 153 cm ] 1160 mm; [ 156 cm ] 1190 mm; [ 159 cm ] 1210 mm; [ 162 cm ] 1230 mm
- Waist Width:
- [ 147 cm ] 242 mm; [ 150 cm ] 245 mm; [ 153 cm ] 247 mm; [ 156 cm ] 252 mm; [ 159 cm ] 255 mm, 162 cm ] 258 mm
- Sidecut Radius:
- [ 147 cm ] 8 m; [ 150 cm ] 8.1 m; [ 153 cm ] 8.2 m; [ 156 cm ] 8.3 m; [ 159 cm ] 8.4 m; [ 162 cm ] 8.4 m
- Stance Width:
- [ 147 cm ] 18.75 - 23.5 in; [ 150 cm ] 19.24 - 24 in; [ all other sizes ] 20.25 - 25 in
- Stance Setback:
- Mervin sustainable wood
- Recommended Rider Weight:
- [ 147 cm ] 80 - 150 lb; [ 150 cm ] 90 - 160 lb; [ 153 cm ] 100 - 180 lb; [ 155 cm ] 110 - 210 lb; [ 156 cm ] 130 - 240 lb; [ 162 cm ] 140 - 260 lb
- Recommended Use:
- all-mountain freestyle
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 year