Garmont Athena Thermo Boot - Women's
From outside the gate to lapping under the lifts, the Athena Thermo Boot represents Garmont's most versatile and ergonomically-fit women's overlap telemark boot. Finely tuned for a women's lower leg shape, the softer flex and mid-height Pebax shell and thermo-moldable liner provide more flexibility for long tours and deeper tele turns. Make a quick dash for the summit thanks to the simple Bomber walk mechanism and locking cuff, then dominate the downhill with the help of the wide and progressively flexing Ergo bellows at the toe. Scratch your itch to access the whole mountain and do it in this tele offering chalked full of high-end features and fitted for heavenly comfort.
- Pebax shell uses thermal-resistant plastic to maintain its flex when standard shell plastic would turn rock solid
- Flash Thermo W liner is thermo-moldable for a truly custom fit for each user and uses multi-density foam and flat stitches for additional comfort
- Wide Open Buckles feature an off-center pivot that opens wide while still latched onto the buckle catch to allow for the most comfortable forward ankle lean while touring
- High Overlap Last follows the contour of the foot and ankle to close gaps in the shell for increased contact and increased responsiveness when skiing
- Ergo Bellows uses replaceable, high-density nylon with a separate stiffer Power Rib at the crest for consistent flex and power
- Water Seal gasket between the shell's overlaps seals out snow and moisture so your feet stay dry when its deep
- Height adjustable rear spoiler accommodates different leg shapes for maximum support
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
February 21, 2012
All of the Garmonts are soft, way too soft for my tastes. When comparing to other bootmakers, the Garmonts lack features and stability. For the same money, you can get much higher quality with other makers. It's hard to find shops where I live that carry tele gear, so I was stuck buying Garmonts and have regretted the purchase. Also, they designed for a high volume (thick and wide) foot, so buy small and pray.
- Shell Material:
- Number of Buckles:
- Flex Index:
- flash thermo W
- Sole Type:
- dual density
- Lean Angle:
- 25 degrees
- Walk Mode:
- Binding Compatibility:
- 75mm telemark
- pair - 25.5 6 lb 10 oz
- Recommended Use:
- ski mountaineering, backcountry, telemark skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 year