FlyLow Gear Charlie Jacket - Women's
It doesn't matter whether it's sub-zero or slightly above freezing; you're always frickin' cold. It's about time you put on the FlyLow Gear Women's Charlie Jacket. This weatherproof down jacket keeps you cozy no matter what the temp so you no longer have to run into the warming hut after every run or imitate a clapping monkey toy.
- Waterproof fabric and fully taped seams seal out the wet so you no longer have to dash into the lodge and switch out jackets when it begins to snow
- 700-Fill goose down insulation provides you with all of the warmth and comfort you'll ever need
- Underarm vents ditch excess heat on warmer days or when you hike
- A helmet-compatible hood with three-way cinches helps shield your face from the elements
- A powder skirt with stash buttons easily removes
- No-bulk cuffs for comfort
- Articulated arms provide exceptional mobility when you dart through tight trees or load your ski rack up
- Multiple internal and external pockets stash all of your ski goodies
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
Nice but not lacking a little
December 4, 2011
Hood is definitely not what I would call helmet compatible. It is very tight and hood does not come over front of helmet. Even without a helmet on, the hood doesn't even hit my eyebrows. Cuffs do not even come close to fitting over my mittens. Jacket is warm but not as warm as a thinsulate one I wore last year. Wish is snapped to pants and wish there were thumby cuff things at wrists, too. Also, it is really tight at the neck if you are wearing a face mask or gator and you try to zip it up all of the way. I normally wear a size small or medium and got this jacket in a Large. I think an XL may have been better. Runs small. Also wish it was rigged a little better for an ipod. There is an inner pocket but it doesn't have an extra hole or loop to pull the cord through or clip the cord to.
Sick puffy jacked with BiG HOOd!!
October 24, 2011
Waterpoof puffy, not too bulky, good pocket space, light weight, seam sealed zippers, and vents just in case it warms up. Did I mention very good looking? Check out the pic. Love the big hood!!
'nuff said: weatherproof down
October 22, 2011
This jacket kept me cozy while I was winter camping on the Southern Icecap in the Andes. I layered it with the Flylow Quantum jacket in the super extreme and it was sort of my comforter blanket, ya know? Plus super snazzy for style points and despite brushing up against dirty buses and jumping over barbed wire fences, I never got a tear in it. I'm not saying you should try to jump over barbed wire fences in a down jacket, but when the going gets tough...Charlie wasn't in code red? As far as the fit goes, I have wide hips and I never had to feel myself tugging it down because it was riding up too high. The zipper-ed in or out powder skirt gives a nice casual option as well. A++ nice work flylow...
Some fit issues
November 22, 2011
This jacket is super warm and looks pretty cool, but the hood is small - too small to fit over my helmet and stay. Also, order a size up for sure.
- Intuitive Fabric (2-layer), Level 5 Dupont DWR coating
- 700-fill goose down
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- not specified
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- not specified
- yes, fixed, , adjustable, , helmet-compatible
- underarm zips
- Powder Skirt:
- yes, removable
- (external) 2 handwarmer, 1 chest, (internal) 1 chest
- fully taped
- Recommended Use:
- skiing, winter activities, casual
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- limited lifetime