2011 Model No Longer Available
Eider Solden Jacket - Women's - 2011 BCS
Unlike most puffies that get soggy and wilt when it starts to snow on the slopes, the Eider blocks wetness so you stay warm and dry all winter long.
- 700-Fill duck down boosts warmth without adding the weight or stuffiness that sometimes accompanies synthetic insulation
- Defender Domino 2-layer fabric blocks snow and wind while remaining breathable
- Double-layer hood uses an interior, removable down hood for extra warmth on super-chilly days
- Underarm zips dump excess heat
- Removable powder skirt so you can wear the Solden downtown without excess waist-bulk
- Preshaped elbows for comfortable pole-plants
- Regular fit so you have room to move
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
December 3, 2012
This is jacket is nice enough although the shell portion seems less durable than I expected for it being a waterproof ski jacket and all. I ordered it a couple sizes larger than I normally would to provide extra room for layering and warmth. There is more room than I would expect in the in the torso and hip area, it fits perfectly in the chest, but the shoulder and arms are really tight. I will say my arms have always been a little larger than the average woman's and they are a little larger still from doing P90x but I don't feel it accounts for the huge difference in proportions. I have a lot of jackets and none of them fit like this. I guess the other ones have more of a athletic fit and this one does not. All in all it's made for a drinker (skinny arms and legs but bloated stomach. If this is you it should fit you great! But then again this is the first Eider product I have purchased so maybe it has the wrong sized arms sewn on (although they are pretty long so I suspect not) or maybe I really look like He-man and I'm in denial. This jacket is warm though and the down lining is very soft. I don't think any feathers were used. Seems to be all down.
- [membrane/laminate] Defender Domino (2-layer); [shell] polyester; [lining] nylon ripstop (downproof), Cormax
- 700-fill down (90% down, 10% feather)
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- 10,000 mm
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- 10,000 g/mē
- yes, fixed
- underarm vents
- Powder Skirt:
- yes, removable
- (external) 2 side, 1 sleeve, (internal) 1 pass, 1 goggle
- fully taped
- Wrist Gaiters:
- 30.69 oz
- Recommended Use:
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 3 years