2012 Model No Longer Available
Columbia Mezzontint II Jacket - Men's - 2012 BCS
The Columbia Mezzontint II Jacket shields you from warmth-stripping wind and snow so you don't have to work to keep your body temperature up. Why waste your fire shivering on a windy lift or trudging through wet snow when you'd rather use that drive for jack-hammering moguls or carving perfect lines?
- Omni-Tech membrane seals out moisture while remaining breathable
- 20k-rated fabric means you'll stay dry even in heavy, wet snow
- Omni-Heat reflective tech lining keeps your body heat where you need it
- Underarm vents get rid of swampy air when your internal engines start churning out heat
- Adjustable hood keeps your head warm until you ditch it for around-town wear
- Snap-back powder skirt can be deployed to keep snow out when you're skiing in the deep stuff
- Adjustable cuffs prevent snow and cold air from sliding up your sleeves
- Plenty of pocket space including a media and goggle pocket make it easier to haul your essentials
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
March 6, 2013
It is listed as no insulation here although other sites, including Columbia's indicate it is insulated. It's a thin jacket but employs a new insulation tech by Columbia. It is currently 32 degrees Fahrenheit with wind making it feel around 26 and I felt good. Initially it was a little cool but once you get the blood flowing the omni-heat warmed things up. I was only outside for around 30 minutes so I'm interested to see how it holds up after a few hours, hopefully well. It is also snowing a wet heavy snow and the waterproof fabric seemed to work fine didn't feel any moisture.
- [shell] Legacy twill (nylon); [lining] Omni-Heat thermal reflective (polyester)
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- 20,000 mm
- yes, fixed, , adjustable
- Modern Classic
- underarm vents
- Powder Skirt:
- yes, snap-back, , adjustable
- (external) 2 front handwarmer, 1 chest, (internal) security, goggle, media
- critical seams taped
- Recommended Use:
- skiing, touring
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- limited lifetime