2011 Model No Longer Available
Columbia Powder People Pant - Women's - 2011 BCS
Steal all the best lines on a fresh field of snow wearing the Columbia Women's Powder People Pant. Armed with little more than a stylish pair of insulated, weather-proof pants, you'll be ducking ropes and poaching stashes until the authorities get smart to your wicked ways.
- Omni-Tech waterproof breathable technology protects you from spills in the snow and wet chairlifts
- Omni-Heat thermal reflective lining conserves heat to improve the efficiency of the low-bulk 60g insulation
- Adjustable waist lets you get the fit just-so
- Internal adjustable leg gaiter keeps the snow out of your boots
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
January 28, 2013
I would say that overall these are good. The omni-tech seemed to work keeping me warm (though it never gets especially cold where I ski - snoqualmie pass, WA State). I just wore long johns under where typically I would wear long johns and fleece pants. They are comfortable size-wise and the leg opening is plenty wide to fit over my ski boots. The pockets are good for hands or a cell phone, though no fat wallets or anything.
I have one issue: the opening for the powder cuff is ridiculous. I'm used to a leg and powder cuff that button, zip, and velcro all the way to the knee. These have one measly snap that opens the powder cuff one additional inch and in no way helps you when getting boots on. With my previous pants I undid the leg and powder cuff, put my boots on, did everything back up and was done. These I have to fold half way up my leg then struggle to get the powder cuff over my buckles. The main leg has plenty of room, but I still don't like that I have to fold them up my leg. The powder cuff is annoyingly tight and will probably wear out quickly.
Other than the powder cuff issue, these seem like great pants! Comfortable, warm, dry (rain is actually an issue, so this is MAJORLY important for me!), and I love love the pattern!
- [membrane/laminate] Omni-Tech; [shell] 50% nylon, 50% tactel nylon; [windowpane plaid] nylon Dupionni dobby; [denim] 79% nylon, 21% polyester (deuce denim twill); [lining] polyester thermal reflective
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- 20,000 mm
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- 10,000 g/mē
- Omni-Heat (50% recycled polyester, 50% polyester, 60g)
- Side Zips:
- critical seams taped
- belt loops with button closure
- 2 front hand, 2 back button flap
- Recommended Use:
- skiing, snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- limited lifetime