2010 Model No Longer Available
Canari Cyclewear Eclipse II Convertible Wind Shell Jacket - Men's - 2010 BCS
Sometimes you only need a jacket to get you through the first half of your ride until you’re warm. The Canari Eclipse II Convertible Wind Shell Jacket is perfect for just such rides. The Eclipse II is extremely lightweight, yet effective at shielding your core from chilling winds and light rain. When the weather does finally clear and your legs get warm the Eclipse II can be stuffed easily in your jersey pocket for the remainder of your training ride.
- Zip-off sleeves convert the jacket to a vest
- 9inch back zippered pocket keeps essentials secure
- Full front zipper with draft flap keeps body heat in and the elements out
- Back pocket converts to a stuff sack with waist attachments for easy transport
- Windproof and water repellent for battling Nature’s wrath
- Drop tail for rear wheel spray protection
- Tall fleece lined collar for comfort in the cold
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
October 11, 2011
The versatility is great for commuting--jacket in the morning, vest on the way home. I've used this with different baselayers from 30-50 degrees. Good with a silkweight merino long sleeve down to 45, with a lightweight or midweight shirt down to 30 or so. I haven't had to use this in rain or snow yet, but I imagine from the construction it would stand up to light rain and snow. It is very wind resistant but not very breathable--would be too sweaty to use above 50 degrees. Rear pocket is a little bulky, since it turns into a stuff sack. I think the front pockets might be a little redundant, but easier to access in saddle than the rear pockets. 2-way zipper works fine. Overall a good buy for the price, hopefully it lasts.