Burton Process Flying V Snowboard
Burton has a strange, unhealthy obsession with getting you airborne. If you find that you have the same obsession, you may want to look into the Process Flying V snowboard. The Process Flying V sports carbon Jumper Cables to get you into the air and a soft flex with Smooth Ride Suspension to get you back down safely. Built to shred the entire mountain, the Process Flying V specializes in making you look good.
- Flying V hybrid camber/rocker puts camber underneath the bindings and rocker at the tip, center, and tail of the board for float in powder, edge control, and plenty of pop
- Dualzone EGD places the wood perpendicular along the toe and heel edges in two different zones to optimize edge control
- Directional Flex means the board is packed with pop at the tail and resilience at the nose to help maintain control in any terrain
- Frostbite Edges for better control on hardpack
- Carbon Jumper Cables add pop
- Smooth Ride Shock Absorption reduces vibration for a better ride and reduced fatigue
- The Channel allows the rider to micro-adjust his or her stance over a greater length and an infinite range
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
Im looking for a good powder board (40inches plus) but dont want
Im looking for a good powder board (40inches plus) but dont want to buy a gynormous board im thinking something around a 155...I courently ride a 153 easy livin and is great for the whole mountain but want a pow specific board in which I dont give up the freestyle feel of a short twin shaped deck! Can anyone help me out???
May 5, 2013
Playful twin-like freestyle
Four Horsemen Sales
October 1, 2012
The Process Flying V, little brother to the Sherlock, is a softer flex for those looking to ride the entire mountain. Find an exaggerated tip and tail Scoop turning up the edges for a looser, more forgiving feel that adds catch-free fun. Smooth Ride under foot dampens vibrations and allows for a more comfortable ride in less than ideal conditions.
I am 5' 6'' and 125 pounds and I am still growing.
I am 5' 6'' and 125 pounds and I am still growing. Which size would be better for me? 155cm or 157cm??
April 30, 2013
Has the edge hold been improved at all? I haven't heard great
Has the edge hold been improved at all? I haven't heard great things about burton's frostbite edges. And what would be better for an all mountain/freestyle board? This or the K2 Raygun?
October 25, 2012
The frostbite edges are very minimal, you really have to look closely to see it. I wouldn't say its anything close to Magnetraction, but it does help out a bit. Based on my knowledge and experience, I would recommend this board over the Raygun as far as the edge hold is concerned. Aside from the frostbite, Burton also engineers the wood grains in their cores to have a more effective energy transfer to the edge under your feet. The process also has a dampening system called smooth ride that might help with chatter and as a result give you a better edge hold on rough terrain. The Flying V-shape is also awesome for All terrain Freestyle. I know a bunch of people that ride this shape and are totally stoked on how it floats in the pow but it still pops well on lips and ollies, a true "all-around" feel. The Raygun is a more conventional reverse camber shape, which will be "softer" feeling than the Process, making it float well in pow, but may not be as poppy and stable at high speeds. Hope this helps!
By: Chase Burch
November 8, 2012
- 152 cm, 155 cm, 157 cm, 159 cm, 162 cm
- directional twin-like
- medium soft (3 of 10 on Burton's scale)
- Flying V (hybrid)
- Effective Edge:
- [152cm] 1165 mm; [155cm] 1195 mm; [157cm] 1215 mm; [159cm] 1235 mm; [162cm] 1265 mm
- Waist Width:
- [152cm] 249 mm; [155cm] 251 mm; [157cm] 252 mm; [159cm] 255 mm; [162cm] 257 mm
- Sidecut Radius:
- [152cm] 7.7 m; [155cm] 7.9 m; [157cm] 8.1 m; [159cm] 8.2 m; [162cm] 8.4 m
- Stance Width:
- [152, 155, 157cm] 21 in; [159, 162cm] 22 in
- Stance Setback:
- 0.5 in
- Super Fly (wood), triax glass
- Recommended Use:
- all-mountain, powder, freestyle
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 year