2011 Model No Longer Available
Black Diamond Virago Mitten - 2011 BCS
The Black Diamond Virago Mitten easily handles plunging temperatures and mini snow-tornadoes thanks to its waterproof breathable Gore-Tex insert and Thermolite and fleece insulation.
- Waterproof breathable Gore-Tex membrane provides tough-as-nails, all-mountain weather protection
- Abrasion-resistant outer shell with four-way stretch allows you to easily grasp your poles or make a snowball to chuck at your buddy
- Palm insulation and Thermolite back-of-hand insulation keep your hands and fingers toasty as you rip around the mountain
- Goat leather on palm and back-of-hand ensures seasons of dependable performance
- Back-of-hand pocket allows you to drop in a heater pack on extra frigid days
- Ideal for temperatures between -5°-25°F / -21°-4°C
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
January 4, 2013
These mitts didn't look much like the picture when they arrived. They are not big and puffy with a lot of insulation like I expected.
I finally got to wear them skiing. They are OK. Not great. They could use more insulation. With a pair of liners underneath they were pretty good. Plan on something under them.
- [shell] woven nylon; [palm and back of hand] goat leather
- [palm] fleece (100g); [back of hand] Thermolite (200g)
- Gore-Tex XCR membrane
- wrist cinch
- Hand-warmer Pocket:
- [pair size M] 240 g
- Recommended Use:
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 year